2006 Motorino XPh Motor issue ..I think.

Greywolf1967

1 µW
I have a 500w Motorino Xph e scooter. It really gave me no issues during the time I rode, but then I stopped riding for 2 years. After the tires kept getting bit of metal causing slow leaks.
Any way this spring I thought I would try to bring this scooter back to life. I am sure I will need a set of batteries as they sat dry for almost 2 years (SLA).

Now I watched a few youtube videos and refilled and recharged the batteries ( they came back I think, as I don't have a Multi meter to test ).

So after that I cleaded up the bike some, plugged the tires, and set out for it's first test run. All went well at first then ten min into the ride, the motor sounded strange.....and I rolled to a stop with the motor still trying to run.

The other odd sound it made was a hum when I applied the brakes....the brakes should act as a kill switch, but the hum to me sounds like a crossed connection.

I took a video of the motor running now........does anybody have any idea where I should look to see what is wrong? I should add if this was a gas scooter I could more then likely fix any issues, but electric is still kind of new to me.

http://youtu.be/z3FD3DkWLbg

Looks like possible connection issues check all cables from motor to controller, in plug then re connect them one at a time as they could,have had corrosion also it may need some lube for the bearings and make sure the brakes are clear of the rotor, that is all I can think of

Back