Electric Harley.

TylerDurden

100 GW
[youtube]H7u9DTfE14M[/youtube]

Just saw the vid. Will be interesting to see what comes of this. 6-19 is tomorrow. Can't wait.

There is a count down on the Harley site for this , loos to be about 8 am for,the launch
Or rather EV grin launch :shock:

I have 2 old shovelheads..... I think an electric Harley is sacrilege.... although I have occasionally thought it
would be quite easy to build a properly big AF motor and put it in place of the V-twin, with a belt drive to the transmission...

I can't even see anything. Wow. Rocket ?

It makes sense, just like big trucks getting the electric treatment because they're all heavy pigs that have lots of room for batteries. Many Hardly owners I know never ride more than a few miles at a time, so there's your built-in market.

Harley-Davidson Plans to Unveil an Electric Motorcycle

It may be the end of the world as we know it. Harley-Davidson is expected to unveil its first electric motorcycle next week — a sleek, futuristic bike that hums like a jet airplane taking off. Harley plans to show handmade demonstration models of the LiveWire Monday at an invitation-only event in New York. The company will then take several dozen riders on a 30-city tour to test drive the bikes and provide feedback. Harley will use the information it gathers to refine the bike, which might not hit the market for several more years. It’ll take someone with a lot of guts to drive one of these up to a biker bar.

[youtube]t6F8O5A__Ds[/youtube]

Lookin' for adventure! ♪ ♫ KF

Good for Harley, good for us!

The skeptic in me wonders if there's some EPA incentive for them to do this?

I also find it hard to believe they would do this all "in-house" - 'wonder if Zero or any of the "other guys" contributed to this?

From the posts on the hd website ones with pics all you see are EV grins this will really push the EV to even more mainstream and if hd keeps up and does a full run it will sell

this is a great sign

even Harley sees the writing on the wall

real iron horses powered by the sun

real freedom to roam

I already head the CMC

Creepers MC

you wont hear us coming

B-B-But... without that 'potato-potato-potato'-sound, what are they going to trademark? :mrgreen:

I hope they sell a bunch of them

Sweet!
FINALLY!
I would think this will be SUPER GOOD for the EV movement, specially the bike side of things.
If Harley understands the need for quiet, fast, greener bikes; the ripple effect will spread much quicker and easier through the biker crowd.

Back