E-scooter traction

Fedelencio91

10 µW
Hi my project is:

Turnigy sk3 6364 190kv
Turnigy brushless ESC 85A w/ 5A SBEC
2 X Zippy flightmax 8000mAh 4s1p 30C

What's the best ratio for the belt traction?

What speed do you want?
What's your wheel size?
What kind of terrain are you on (climbing hills needs more torque, less speed)?
Etc.

I've full silicone weel with diameter 130mm
You think that 20/30 km/h it's possible?
I only use that on asphalt!

you could expect about 10kms range with 120Wh in my opinion (15V x 8Ah)

Side note : I had some magic smoke production with a 70A ESC for a similar application,
went to 100A plane ESC to solve this issue

You think that 85A ESC it's not enough?

ps: how you calculate the estimate distance and the 120w????

Fedelencio91 said:
I think it's not on the safe side, unless you provide some specs
Fedelencio91 said:
There is some statistics in the "battery range" topic of the "e-scooter and e-skateboard" section showing that most e-skater (wathever they set up is) consume around 10Wh to 15Wh/km. Assuming the scooter you speak about is a "stand up" scooter with similar Rolling caracteristics of an e-skate, Knowing your battery capacity by multiplying its Voltage and its Ah gives Wh, then divide by 10 or 15 Wh/km give you an idea of km you could expect

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
Fedelencio91 said:
I think it's not on the safe side, unless you provide some specs
Fedelencio91 said:
There is some statistics in the "battery range" topic of the "e-scooter and e-skateboard" section showing that most e-skater (wathever they set up is) consume around 10Wh to 15Wh/km. Assuming the scooter you speak about is a "stand up" scooter with similar Rolling caracteristics of an e-skate, Knowing your battery capacity by multiplying its Voltage and its Ah gives Wh, then divide by 10 or 15 Wh/km give you an idea of km you could expect

that's enough?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18013__HobbyKing_Red_Brick_100A_ESC.html?strSearch=100a%20esc

Fedelencio91 said:
thanks!

and What's the best traction-ratio??
The one which fits your needs (actually you gave all the numbers to evaluate it)
Regarding ESC I don't know what "Max current 100A" mean, "continuous current" and "burst current" for a given time are usually more help full figures, I personnaly have no experience with boat ESC

Back