Video- 2015 Zero SR Test Ride by a Gas Bike Fanactic

MitchJi

10 MW
Hi,

Interesting reaction:
[youtube]XCYPdeoBPz8 [/youtube]

The bike he is riding is the reason I gave my GSX-R1000 away. The FX is the reason I gave my KTM's away. I am someone who was raised building gas internal combustion engine hot rods as taught by my father to do as taught by his father to do. Now I've given away my last ICE racecar too, because electric is the obvious and inevitable path to hotrodding beyond the thermodynamic possibilities of ICEs.

I've watched a few dozen people try an SR for the first time, I've yet to see one who doesn't come back smiling ear to ear, with more than a few left speaking gibberish with the words "wow" and "quick" repeated. It's such a pleasure to ride.

It looks like he didn't wot it for more than a half second. Too bad. I sure enjoyed demoing the 14 fx and s.

Thanks Nutspecial. That next video was the icing on the cake for that guy. I may not be able to ride much better, but I certainly pay much closer attention while on 2 wheels.

I take it back, I can definitely ride in traffic much better and quicker while being far safer. I'm working with a group to push for big tax relief for electrics here in CR. Once we get that thru Luke's gotta come down with some Zeros, so I can prove it via a video of what they're capable of even with a beached whale aboard...Well I'm down 10kg already starting May 1, so Luke will have to hurry to catch the beached whale proof. :mrgreen: Wish me luck on 190lb or less before I turn the double nickle...and stay there for the duration of this trip through the cosmos.

nutspecial said:
I know, right? Bad introduction for me to the SR. Although, apparently the guy has a sense of humor about being dumb at least, judging from the next vid he linked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_345620099&feature=iv&src_vid=XCYPdeoBPz8&v=T_1WqHS6Pgw

This video make me think about why the car is competitive with street bikes. Aside from the better cornering ability of 4 wheels in most situations, it comes down to aero drag. The bike is losing soo much power to overcome the wind at these speeds. It has a much better power to weight, but the car can afford to push a bigger (yet smoother) hole in the wind.

It makes you wonder how much more competitive street bikes would be if they had real aero work such as the old dustbin fairings.

UPDATE: Hehe... ESB "Search found 98 matches: zero sr"... again:

header.jpg

(Wiki:)
Maxim is an international men's magazine, devised and launched in the UK in 1995, but based in New York City since 1997, and prominent for its photography of actresses, singers, and female models whose careers are at a current peak. Maxim has a circulation of about 9 million readers each month. Maxim Digital reaches more than 4 million unique viewers each month. Maxim magazine publishes 16 editions, sold in 75 countries worldwide.

(Geee... and I thought it was a Ladies magazine... so confused...)

The Zero SR Is A Stealthy Electric Superbike
("They'll never hear it coming when you pass them."):
https://www.maxim.com/rides/riding-the-zero-sr-electric-motorcycle-2018-9

Starts:
Electric four wheelers from Tesla, and more recently Jaguar, have dominated the news, while lightweight electric scooters are causing disruptions in cities. But what about real two-wheelers, motorcycles that ride in traffic and not on sidewalks?

Unlike those FAKE electric bikes watt keep passing everybody (stuck in bumper-to-bumper, stop and go traffic.) Horrible things. :lol:

W/a pic:
2018_zero-sr_studio_rp-wbg_4800x3200_press.jpg

Back