VAUGHN DAVIS: TLDL 23rd Jan '17 - Tennis and horses and bikes, oh my!
Radio Live (stylised as RadioLIVE) is a nationwide Auckland-based New Zealand talkback, news and sport radio network owned and operated by MediaWorks New Zealand.
It was formed by the 2005 split of talk and racing network Radio Pacific into a dedicated talk network which prioritised breaking news coverage (Radio Live) and a talk network which broadcast live horse racing and greyhound racing commentaries (now LiveSport). Together, the networks compete directly against NZME. stations Newstalk ZB and Radio Sport.
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/VAUGHN-DAVIS ... fault.aspx
TLDL (Too Long, Didn't Listen) 23rd January 2017
Tennis and horses and bikes, oh my!
We talk a lot about apps and websites on Sunday Social, so it was a refreshing change last night to cover the Ubco offroad electric bike. Unlike most New Zealand tech startups, the Ubco is a real physical product, and it’s designed and built right here in New Zealand. I was lucky enough to ride the $7999 bike over the weekend (actually they haven’t come to get it yet, so look out for me on the mean footpaths of Ponsonby…). Here’s what I made of it:
• Great looks: its tube steel design looks super solid and feels to me like something you’d parachute behind enemy lines on D Day.
• Surprisingly powerful: all 90kg of me was zipping happily up some very steep hills thanks to its unique 2WD system.
• Impressive range: one charge will take you 100km at up to 50kmh and cost about 70 cents!
• Pretty pricey: at $7999 you could buy an OK used car… but the Ubco would cost less in the long run.
• Offroad only: they’re working on this, but the current Ubco can’t be ridden on public roads.
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).
Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions
(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)