Toyota i-Road leaning ev trike

Not much luxuries in that car... Bike?... Bar? Pull up windows? :lol: Funny the first time you see it but the lack of luxury makes absolute sense to me. A no nonsense electric vehicle everyone can afford. Where would the ICE car be if it stayed a toy for the rich like it was at first? If Henry Ford did not offer the car to everyone. The EV world needs its Model T. Elon? You reading this? :roll:

P.S.: Or maybe this is just vaporware, or Toyota will make the little E-cars but sell them $50 000+.

[Bump] TOYOTA ELECTRIC BIKE ** i- ROAD** 2018 || LAUNCHED AT AUTO EXPO || REVIEW AND SPECS WITH FEATURES
[youtube]OP7v2inA4EM[/youtube]

Why so ugly? I really want to like it but they're making it difficult.

maydaverave said:
Ugly!!... you're supposed to DRIVE it... not gawk at it... as though it's a florescent dog turd littering your front lawn.

^^ Hehe... "Ugly" in the eyes of the beholder perhaps? Human history has a long history of "ugly" to behold... :)

Papa said:
maydaverave said:
Ugly!!... you're supposed to DRIVE it... not gawk at it... as though it's a florescent dog turd littering your front lawn.
it does look like a florescent dog turd. Motorcycles and trikes are inherently cool looking. It takes effort and bad taste to make them look bad. Why reward such antisocial behavior.

Curious what the crash protection level is on these Toyotas, Arcimoto, etc? How do they do when a dually monster Ram suddenly cuts the right hand turn into your path? They look kind of hard to jump out of and bail quickly if you need to for some reason. Maybe I'm just behind the times.

Back