Gio PB710 60 volt controller where to buy?

faggot

1 µW
500w_pb710_electric_scooter_brain_control_module_g3000043.jpg

This is the PB 710 controller, it is $120 by the way. Is there a controller that is 60volt, that a monkey can install. Similar connectors and all I am not willing to re-solder everything. Does anyone know a site that sells controllers that will need the least modifications.
Is there a site about modding the PB 710. I think I can find the directions for the shunt mod. What is a shunt mode. From what I understand, more torque, less range and batteries wear out like crazy, and the controller explodes. The big question is will it allow me to add another battery?
What I want to do is add another battery, maybe even a lipo like a 12 volt one and when the batteries die down I flip a switch and the voltage goes back to normal. Has anyone thought of using an extra battery as a range extender?

I could do the shunt mod and be like hell with it but $120 isn't all that little for me, for when the controller burns out.

faggot said:
500w_pb710_electric_scooter_brain_control_module_g3000043.jpg

This is the PB 710 controller, it is $120 by the way. Is there a controller that is 60volt, that a monkey can install. Similar connectors and all I am not willing to re-solder everything. Does anyone know a site that sells controllers that will need the least modifications.

All e-bike controllers are essentially the same. Even the connectors often match up. You just need to find pinouts of the one you have and match them to your new one

Is there a site about modding the PB 710. I think I can find the directions for the shunt mod. What is a shunt mode. From what I understand, more torque, less range and batteries wear out like crazy, and the controller explodes. The big question is will it allow me to add another battery?

You have the shunt right. More torque, less range, harder on batteries. You can add all the batteries you want in parallel, but to add in series, that would be no. There really would be no other modding instructions for that controller as better controllers are so cheap these days

What I want to do is add another battery, maybe even a lipo like a 12 volt one and when the batteries die down I flip a switch and the voltage goes back to normal. Has anyone thought of using an extra battery as a range extender?

This is bad for many reasons. First off, it's a waste to have an extra battery on hand that's not in use until you want to use it. It's dead weight dragging you down. It's common for people to think of bringing an extra battery for when they need it, but in reality, it's better for the life of the battery to have it in use for the whole ride.

Second, unless all your batteries are lipo, you will wreck your pack by mixing chemistries.

Finally, you will really destroy your batteries by adding one in series to boost your low pack. What you are essentially doing is draining your low packs well below their intended voltage by adding that one full battery. All batteries in series need to be at te same voltage.

I could do the shunt mod and be like hell with it but $120 isn't all that little for me, for when the controller burns out.

Looks to me that your controller is a very basic 6 mosfet Chinese controller that one can buy for under 20 USD ( shipped ), If you want more performance go for a higher end 12 mosfet controller, even for a cheap one you could have 1000-1500 watts of potential power for 30-40 USD + shipping, both these controllers are probably quite similar to what you have now in terms of cable connectivity, maybe you need to change some plugs that are not compatible, but otherwise it should be quite easy to install.

I won't do the shunt MOD if your not really sure what you doing, just get a bigger controller for a few dollars more, be prepared that if you are still running Lead acid batteries that they will be empty within 12-15 KM, as your battery is about 14Ah, which if you are lucky only give 7-8 Ah before they are empty, especially with a bigger controller this process goes faster as SLA's are rated at 14Ah in a discharge time span of 5 hours, you are trying to empty them in less than 1/2 hour and especially with lead leads to a big decline in capacity.

As mettleramiel says, don't mix other types of battery with your SLA's , if you want faster cheap just add another lead acid of the same size in series, or better go lithium all the way, lead is good for nothing really, when adding another battery watch out for your controller, it must be 60 volt ( or 65 volt full ) capable, most cheapo 48 volt controllers have 63 volt rated capacitors in them and these blow out at everything above 63 volt. ( which probably happened to you already )

Check sunwin controllers on Ebay or Greentime controller on aliexpress, these are dirt cheap and get the job done.

Back