New Electric ATV Battery Post Difference

barbeau

1 µW
Greetings all,

My child has a Go Bowen electric ATV. I recently purchased a replacement rechargeable battery (actually has 2). I didn't notice at the time that battery posts are different. The original are "screw ins" and the new ones are "slide in" (see attachment pic).

So the "fix" would have to attach to the round cable end, from the "slide in" posts.

Is there an adapter I could get to make this work? Thanks for your help!

IMG_0325.JPG

Hi Barbeau

If you want to keep the existing cable then I would make an adapter with stuff you can get at any hardware store.
Lowes, Homedepot or your local Ace hardware.

Just make 2 cables with these ends on each side.

31b0c6923d.jpg
4eec9d158f.jpg

For the round end you would need to get a nut for the screw then the other end just slides it onto the battery F1 terminal.
Hope this helps.

Simon

Thanks Simon,
That appears easy enough. If I'm understanding you correctly , I believe it would look something like this (sorry for crude drawing)
battery.gif

For the wire I've colored in yellow, what type of wire would I be asking/looking for in the store? Or would I have to purchase a "full" battery cable with ends, and take it apart to fit my needs? Sorry not too electronically inclined.

barbeau said:
Thanks Simon,
That appears easy enough. If I'm understanding you correctly , I believe it would look something like this (sorry for crude drawing)

For the wire I've colored in yellow, what type of wire would I be asking/looking for in the store? Or would I have to purchase a "full" battery cable with ends, and take it apart to fit my needs? Sorry not too electronically inclined.

That would work just fine! Honestly, though, you should just get the spade connectors (the ones that fit the new batteries) and cutt off the old rings. It will take 3 Seconds to do.

barbeau said:
Thanks Simon,

Sorry, didn't see your other question. You just need to get wire at least the same gauge as the cables already on the bike. It looks like 12g from the pic so anything that size or bigger (remeber, the smaller the gague, the thicker the wire)

Back