E-scooter Tisong with 3000W engine & Lyen controller SLOW..

plof@

10 µW
Hello everyone,

New on the forum and I could really use some advice from experienced users here..

I have a e-scooter form China. it has an 3000W wheel engine, foto supplied with 3000W in wheel engraved.

I Have an 48V battery lifepo4 which is in healthy condition. (puts out 51v actually)

I bought a Lyen controller 12 fet 3770 and programmed it a bit. Problem is that it pulls like crazy when you adjust the ampere settings to say around 50 amp current, but its top speed is still very slow..

Topspeed always remains around 31KPH, which is 20 MPH.. I have seen a lot of scooters drive way faster with lighter specs..

Anyone any idea how I can adjust it. Maybe replace the throttle, or give the controller some other programming (see screenshot for parameters).

Any reply appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2,091
  • scooter2.jpg
    scooter2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 2,091
  • scooter3.jpg
    scooter3.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 2,091
  • scooter4.jpg
    scooter4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,091
  • scooterwheel.jpg
    scooterwheel.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,374
lean the scooter over on it's kickstand so the back wheel is off the ground. Give it full throttle. read the speed.

Is it still 31kph?
If so, you have a speed limiter or governor of some kind you need to remove.

Is it around 40KPH?
If so, the problem has nothing to do with the controller, settings, programming, throttle, or any governor. You have reached the max speed for that motor at that voltage. Change the motor, or increase the voltage.

Thanks drunksunk! I will check it out.

It has no speedo on backwheel but i can create a wireless cycle speedo on it.

Other ideas ofcourse always welcome.

Hey there,

a lot of those scooters come stock with 60 volt SLA batteries. If that is the case with yours and you are only running it at 48 volt then you have probably reached the top speed of that motor at 48 volts. The Lyen controllers play nicely with the CycleAnnalist, installing one might help with programming, understanding and would provide an accurate back wheel speedo.

Hi tigcross,

I checked direct at the battery and that is 51V, so it is a 48V package I may assume.

thx from plof@

I had the same problem with my e-scooter (Huasang/Cilent) it drove only 32-34 kmh on 16S LiFePO, the same voltage as you have, since then I upped the voltage to 84 Volt and now it goes well over 50 kmh.

You are limited by your controller which is rated to 75 volt max ( better use 70 volt max ) so potentially you could go towards 20S LiFePO , but top speed will then still be around 40 kmh, still not too fast but maybe enough for you.

Main problem is, you just have a very slow wound motor, finding a motor that is faster wound is not easy ( second hand ) If you are in Europe, chances are that you buy 3 motors and end up having 3 slow wound motors, my experience is that all the motors sold here are slow to very slow, almost never a motor that does 45 kmh (real GPS) on a 48 volt battery.

Okay I checked it out with digital speedo mounted.

On the kickstand with wheel in the air it did 38 kph and on the road around 32 kph.

When i witched against 50Ampere or 55 Ampere these speeds remained just the same.

In coming weeks I wil, try to upgrade battery to 60V and get a 60V charger to see if I can get it to 40 Kph.

Thx all, plof@

Before you try 60V, check to see if your controller can handle it. The 3077FET can take up to 75v, but the common capacitors for those Lyen built Infineon controllers are 63 volts, and will blow with a fully charged 60V battery.

Based on your testing results of 48v gave you 32kph, 60V should give you 40kph. 72V should give you 48KPH.

Excellent, thx, will check it out and also put max of 62V as parameter.

Will also post result here then.

Hello everyone,

I updated my battery to 20S, so max around 70 volts.

I updated parameters with the Lyenn controller and now it runs very well.

Max speed around 44 km/ph.

Thanks for support.

Attachments

• IMG_3098.JPG
    IMG_3098.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,876
  • IMG_3099.JPG
    IMG_3099.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,369
Back