I've done some work yesterday and this morning...
It's all double checked, but I haven't tried it out yet.
After spinning up the big block a few times to make sure it worked, I decided it was time to take apart the motor and bring out all the phase ends. The driven end cap was harder to get off than I remember, but it still came off easily enough. I mostly took it off just to see what the inside of the driven plate looked like and to take some pictures.
Once that was done, it was time to bring out the phase ends. I was surprised to see the phase ends were welded to the phase wires or welded together. The copper wire was literally melted together.
This is the phase ends that used to be connected as WYE.
All the phase ends were welded to the wires so I had to cut off the melted copper blob and then tin all the phase ends. I used large wire crimps to bind the phase ends to phase wires. After they were crimped, I soldered the crimps on so that the connection between the phase ends and the phase wires was the best possible.
Once all the phase ends were soldered, I double insulated each one with heat shrink. Every step of the way, I labeled all the wires so that I would not get one phase confused with another or the phase ends.
This is all the phase wires zipped tied down and secured. Where the wires come out through that opening in the can, they are covered in 2 layers of heat shrink.
The relay has 9 phase wires soldered to it. In it's unenergized state, the relay puts the motor in WYE. I reused that long cable that came on the motor for all the phase wiring. I still have three 6" long sections left. The rest is either in the motor or soldered to the relay. There are 6 phase ends and 3 phase connections going to the controller, They all terminate in 5.5mm bullets. IE: It can all be taken apart if there is ever a problem. I haven't done it yet, but once I have tested it all out, I'll embed all those phase wire ends soldered to the relay in hot glue to better secure them and to act as an insulator so there is no chance of a short.
The schematic... I have seen several peoples schematics for WYE/delta switching and thought they were somewhat confusing. As a result, I drew my own that made sense to me.