New owner with question

Scooterdoo

1 µW
Hello everyone. I just purchased an HCF Pacelite scooter off of craigslist. My 8 year old will be getting a Razor e200 for Christmas and I'm looking forward to riding with her.

The HCF does need a bit of work. Others than a general clean up, it does need a drive belt. I believe from pictures that it is an HCF 707 model but I'm not sure. My question is how can I tell this model apart from their other offerings so I can order the correct belt. Also, once I find the right part #, which country of origin should the belt be from. Will a cheap Chinese knock off be acceptable at half the price of those made in the USA or Japan?

Thanks and happy scootering.

The only other similar scooter I can find to the 707 is the 737 and they share a lot of the parts. I think they are the same but the 737 has a couple more things on it like a rear view mirror and a little headlight. It looks like the 707 and 737 are the same scooter. I don't know where you want to get your parts but I dealt with electricscooterparts.com many times and was always satisfied. http://www.electricscooterparts.com/hcfelectricscooterparts.html
My son has the Razor E200. He's been using it for a few years now. I recently upgraded it with a 36V system and a front brake with aluminum front wheel. A good thing to get for the E200 is a solid rear tire because it's a PITA to repair a rear flat tire on this thing.

Hello,

I'm new to the forums. I'm the main writer at GearPriest, a technology website. I've been researching about the Razor scooters lately for our product reviews. We've been posting some articles about it, and we try to include a section on current / past owners experiences. As both of you have mentioned that your kids own the Razor E200, I wanted to ask how is it performing? Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks!

Back