Offset hub alloy wheels

Harold in CR

100 kW
I'm searching for 15"-16" edge spoke or offset hub front motorcycle wheels, with absolutely no luck.

What is the proper terminology for these ? These are used for mounting the disc brakes inside the wheel. Anyone know what these are called ??

How about what brand motorcycles/ big scooters use them ??

"Inside the wheel"? Meaning, between the spokes? The calipers couldn't reach them there, so you must mean something else I don't understand.

Do you mean "within the rim's width", so that the disc brake side would not stick out past the edge of the rim?

Do any of the ones here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+front+hub&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmzfmm7eLQAhWGvbwKHQRDDYQQsAQIQw&biw=1529&bih=925
look like the one you're after? If not, what's different about what you want? It will help us figure out where you could find it.

Best thing I can suggest is find a car wreckers and get yourself some of the aluminium space saver wheels from a Mercedes or some European hot hatch car. 16-18" are available in about 3" wide or less. Most single side swing arm setups for motorbikes are even bigger then that at 5".

I am also looking for dished wheels for a project, so if I find a better source from china etc I ll post up the link too.

I need motorcycle edge spoked wheels, not cars. There is a difference in the bead lock, so moto tires don't roll off the bead when the bike leans.

Harold in CR said:
I need motorcycle edge spoked wheels, not cars. There is a difference in the bead lock, so moto tires don't roll off the bead when the bike leans.

I'm not so sure about that. Leaning in corners dramatically reduces side load on the tires, making roll-off much less likely.

I think the main drawback to using a compact spare wheel is in excessive weight and unneeded structural strength.

Have a look at rear wheels from Ducatis and other bikes with single-sided rear wheels. Those are apt to be way too wide for your desired tires, though.

Ducati is one bike that has the edge spoked wheels. Used, on ebay for example, they go for over $250.00 each. I understand the physics of wheels/tires leaning in turns. My build will be heavy and I don't want any built in safety problems. I just wasn't sure about the bead not locking onto a car wheel, since the moto tires have a slightly different bead design.

I have a few Kawasaki Ninja wheels, but, I would like the hub and brake rotor inside the wheel instead of the wheel sticking out past the rotors. Looks nicer also.

I saw a car with 12-13" edge spoked wheels, but, it was moving, so hard to tell exactly. Also could not make out the model. Probably Chinese or India.

Back