scooter has lost its original power

musa yesh

1 µW
hi guys,hop u all good.now i have this small e scooter that has pedals, and lately it has not been functioning as before.it has lost its original power,as in its speed has droped.i am asking for your advice on where or what exactly could be the problem.i am a technical guy so i wont have a problem identifying the cause acording to the advice ill get from you guys.pls assist.gd day

G'day Musa.
First off I'd check for low tyre pressures,dragging brakes & stuff wrapped around the axles. Next would be batteries. What kind are they? Charge them, leave them a while for the surface charge to settle or take a short ride, hundred metres will do then check the voltage. Many pedal equipped scooters I've seen still use lead acids. If so, each batt should be about 12.8v or higher. Less than 12v is asick batt, 10v is dead. Lithium packs can lose a cell and read roughly 3v low for each dead cell. Hope this helps you.
BTW, what can help Es help you is if you put your location in your profile. ☺

I have one that looks like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eE6ciBMYMjc/maxresdefault.jpg Its classified as a bicycle in my state.

(I'm not the OP)

Back