Evt 4000e electric moped, help needed

Dean b

10 µW
Hi there guys, I've just bought a evt 4000e electric moped, it's 36volt 200 watt, it has 1100km on clock, it is a clean bike, I bought it as spares or repair.

I've took the motor off and one of the 8 brushes had come out inside the motor and jammed the real wheel up almost to a stop, and where the owner had been giving it throttle with the wheel more or less jammed up it's burned the controller out, the motor wires got hot and touched together and burned the controller out, the motor wires touched together right at the point where the come out of the shaft to wire to the motor, I hope people get what I mean as it's hard to explain.

I've put new brush in motor and clean motor out and put the rear wheel back together, I've put the motor wires to a 12 volt battery to test it and the rear wheel spins as it should and it's not stiff no more and free rolls as it should.

My question is where can I buy a controller from and how much are they? They have some on eBay but they have wires for throttle where as mine has a throttle cable that pulls on something on and in the controller?

Can I buy a throttle that don't have throttle cable and is a wired throttle and fit that to the bike with a different controller?

My grammar is poor and I hope you can make sense of what I'm saying and asking. Thanks for reading

img_4180.jpg

https://electricscooterparts.com/manuals/EVT-4000e-owners-manual.pdf

Brushes on the motor, you say? I was reading that it's a brushless hub, but also found mention of a 1500w 48v brushed motor. Can't be 200w if it goes 30mph. First thing is to get straight about that. Does the pic at the bottom look familiar? Comments offered said the EVR168 controller is supposed to be compatible, but that's brushless, 48v. So you need to get all that straight first.

P1030807.jpg

This is apparently built by Tianma, also marketed as a Bravo. But I'm only finding that people have problems with them. They're happy with it when it works.

Water_proof_controller.jpg

It has a plate on rear where number plate should be saying 36 volt 200 watt, it has three 12 volt battery's.

It's a yellow moped looking just like the picture you have shown,I read the ever 168 has same running gear as the evt 4000e.

it's brushed motor for sure and has 8 brushes, The throttle has a cable that pulls and moves something on the controller as you pull the throttle on and off, all the the controllers on eBay for electric moped have a wired throttle with 3 wires coming from throttle handle to controller where as mine as a cable, hard to explain as I don't know the name of the components in the controller.

I just need to find a direct replacement controller for one of these but it's a nightmare finding one so was thinking is there another comtrolller on eBay that I could buy and make fit if you now what I mean haa.

Will post pics of the moped tomorrow and the controller has no sticker with info on it like the moment you have picture.

My moped has a throttle cable that pulls on something in the controller when you put throttle on and off, what is this kind of throttle called, the controllers I see for sale on eBay don't have this kind of throttle?

My moped as a Throttle cable not 3 wires with a plug on the end of them that plugs into the controller.

Please put link up with some controllers you think will fit this etv 4000e I have here.

Hope you no what I mean, I'm going to try post some pics soon buddy.

I can tell You know your stuff as it is the one with a spring, small black like return spring.

Finding it hard as hell to find ones of these controllers to just buy on line, like a direct replacement I can just buy and plug to my scooter and go.

so you understand now my throttle handle has a cable coming from it not 3 wires like other electric mopeds have.

So if I buy a controller that I could fit to my moped that don't have throttle pot but instead 3 wires for the trottle, could I then just buy a throttle handle with 3 wires coming from it and get rid of the throttle handle that pulls on a cable?

Hope you understand what I'm saying, my grammer is poor sorry.

Also what wattage amp controller does this moped take as there's no sticker on the controller? Thanks

Dean b said:
Also what wattage amp controller does this moped take as there's no sticker on the controller? Thanks

Supposedly 130 amps to run 1500w at 48v. But you need to figure out why yours would be 36v. Are you sure it's not the 48v controller cutting out with just 36v feeding it? There's a real story of your scooter still to be learned.

There's a number plate on it that says 36 volt 200 watt, it as 3 12 volt battery's and has brushed motor.

They do same bike in a 42 volt brushless model of the evt 4000e and this model seems to be the model that pops up on google when you type in evt 4000e electric moped/scooter and this is what and why this most is confusing you.

Thanks for trying to help tho and taking time to help, I've gone and listed the moped on eBay as spares or repairs needing a new controller as now I have a 125cc moped coming soon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252822134670?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Your scooter is 48V with a brushed motor, 120A. No way it's going to go with 36V.

In [strike]2009[/strike], EVT switched to brushless motors, and a beefier 130A controller. I have an EVT 168 with the brushless motor. I even added a booster battery. Here's my thread, not sure if it helps with your brushed 4000 though:

**correction** it was 2010 when they went brushless. I have a 2010 EVT. Sorry bout that.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58055&hilit=evt+168

These might help:

Owner's Manual:

https://electricscooterparts.com/manuals/EVT-4000e-owners-manual.pdf

Service Manual:

http://bravoelectricvehicles.com/Media/Documents/EVT-4000e_March2009.pdf

But really, 36V, 200W? Look at that motor. If that's 200W, I have a bridge to sell you.

Oh, and might as well mention as well that it has no pedals, and is therefore not an e-bike, but a Limited Speed Motorcycle (LSM). Essentially the same as a 50cc scooter.

You'll need to register & insure it to ride it [legally].

Hi Dean.
Just found this thread. Have you sorted the problem with your EVT? The throttle cable pulls on a sliding plate in the controller which has a V shaped slot running between a photo diode and a pair of LEDs, one for power mode and the other for economy. When the throttle cable is pulled the slot varies the light falling on the diode.
A pot with a return spring could be connected to the cable and wired to the throttle input of nearly any controller.
Pity we are so far apart, I gather you're in the UK & I'm in Australia as I've got a shed full of new EVT parts including 2 48v brushed controllers.
If you were local I'd be happy to help you out.

AussieRider

Back