New website about electric motorcycles

motorguy

1 µW
Electric Motorcycles News presents a realistic overview of the electric motorcycles of today and tomorrow. https://electricmotorcycles.news is a non-commercial Belgian initiative.

People keep asking me silly questions about this website: oh, do you want to save the world? Looking for a job in the motorcycle industry? Are you a design-freak?

Well, it started a while ago with the Volkswagen-software-affaire (Dieselgate). You probably heard of it. I own a car of that group. I tought I had chosen a nice looking eco-friendly car based on the information of this supplier. Silly me. Volkswagen and a few others pimped up their data by test-driving their cars in the best circumstances. I never could get these results in normal traffic conditions. Their CEO left the building, a number of claims and a global campaign to calm things down.

The good thing was that everybody in the car-industry, suddenly, came up with electric initiatives. OK, we are not there yet, but there are some affordable cars on the market these days. And I don’t mention the high level cars, that’s still for the happy few …

And what about motorcycles? Like still many bikers I wasn’t convinced about electric motorcycles: it’s a toy, it makes no sound, it’s sometimes completely ugly, it doesn’t shake and it has no range. Until I began to search on the internet … and I found a lot of people, mechanics, designers, engineers, investors, die-hard fans who are developing and producing their electric motorcycles or scooters. A new world for me, full of passion for design, mechanic and environment. This, I said, I want to share to the world and I created Electric Motorcycles News.

Being an individual and no media company, I send an e-mail to these large and small companies that they were on my website. I was surprised to get feedback from almost all brands & manufacturers!

I am passionate about motorcycles but I am a newbee in the world of electric motorcycles. I am learning every day and Ted’s book ‘Power in Flux’ is a bible to me: all these facts, all that information, all these people with their passion … Every moment when possible, I am diving into this extraordinary timeline of electric motorcycles.

So, give me some time and yes, I’ll make some mistakes probably but I want Electric Motorcycles News to become the industry's e-community, packed with information, news, hints and tips about electric motorcycles. And, while the website relies on press releases today, the plan is to establish my own e-test team.

Because it’s time. There is no plan(et) B.

Hope to see some Endless-Sphere creations on your site soon!

Chris

Nice!

@jonescg I saw the Neematic was present already, that is cool.

Back