Sevcon 775A controller ordered!

Doctorbass

100 GW
Hey guys.. I placed an order today for the new 2017 SEVCON controller of 775A.

The new 2017 Zero bike of 52kW are using these.

I remember how insane the the upgrade from the 420A to the 660A was so INSANE.. than for another additional 115A phase it will be veruy interesting!

There was some discussion about the torque versus the acceleration feeling that feel non linear... for most person raising torque by let say 30% appear to be twice more fun...

The 775A is the same size as the 660A (size 6) and label also show 550A 80V model however the 550A is batt current.

I will use it on my Zero as well as on my Zero drag bike. I might need to install a quick connect :lol: ...

Doc

Monstarr said:
What kind of consumer application battery puts out that amount of current :shock:
Gen5 btw?

Some are calling it gen4.5... apparently they are built for Zero.

Doc

macribs said:
775A? Hold on to your hat Doc, that thing will move.

yes i'm very impatient to get it!

Doc

Nice man... I too am curious about your battery setup fueling that beast.

I hear'd Doc got a great deal for a pallet of slightly used 12v lead batteries out of China if he lucky he can fit 2s2p so 24v100ccA ;)

macribs said:
I hear'd Doc got a great deal for a pallet of slightly used 12v lead batteries out of China if he lucky he can fit 2s2p so 24v100ccA ;)

lol... that one is great!!! :lol:

Doc

Pajda said:
I am just curious, you have ordered this 775A version directly from Sevcon or it is from Zero as a spare part?

Zero spare part.

Hollywoood electric in California

Doc

Have you finished this upgrade and how is the feel between 775A phase and 660A phase current?

Back