Vectrix VX2 issue

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.

Vectrix VX2 issue

Postby Monstarr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm

I am trying to upgrade the speed on some guy I know's Vectrix VX2.
Standard speed = 45 kmph. Increasing speed to 50+ leads to a annoying behaviour on the end of the speedrange. It starts dropping speed and increasing speed continuously. Looks like something next to the Sevcon Gen4 size2 controller is overrulling the maxspeed setting.

Long story short...while fine tuning the max rpm point i cycled power several times and the last time it came alive with RPDO fault & IO init error codes in Sevcon DVT which i cannot get erased anymore. I forgot to make a copy of vanilla DCF so i cannot go back to original state :| I know that is stupid.

Anyone here who can help? Perhaps in sending a working DCF file or pointing me in the right direction for a fix?
Monstarr
100 W
100 W

Re: Vectrix VX2 issue

Postby Monstarr » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Anyone? :|
Monstarr
100 W
100 W

Re: Vectrix VX2 issue

Postby Monstarr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am

Update: problem fixed.
I managed to source vanilla DCF for the controller.
Although you need to update the main VX-2's ICM, which does all the thinking, to increase for example the max speed.
The Sevcon seems to be only functioning as amplifier for the motor.
Changing max speed in Sevcon DVT software results in the ICM interfering at the higher set speeds and it drops motorspeed continuously to the max 'original' setting at 45 kmpu and keeps osccilating that way. Needless to say resulting in an unpleasant drive.

Updating the ICM is possible with Vectrix diagnostic software and PEAK can converter. Ixxat converter doesnt work unfortunately.
PEAK converter and diagnostic software are obtainable through:
http://www.shop.vectrixparts.com/
Monstarr
100 W
100 W

Return to E-Scooter and Motorcycle General Discussion