E bike Lifepo4 ad on for a Gio Pb710+Lead

Ronthegood

10 µW
Hi. Is it ok to plug in a Lifepo4(48v 20amp) into the charging port and not hurt the bike? Or hurt my lead batteries. I want to Plug it in and drive it with my lead batteries installed.

As long as the new pack and the old one are at the same voltage when you connect it, sure.

But since the charging port is only capable of a fairly low current, normally, then if there is much of a difference, the current flow between the packs could damage the connector and/or wiring.

It's also possible it could damage the pack(s), depending on what their limitations are.

amberwolf said:
As long as the new pack and the old one are at the same voltage when you connect it, sure.

But since the charging port is only capable of a fairly low current, normally, then if there is much of a difference, the current flow between the packs could damage the connector and/or wiring.

It's also possible it could damage the pack(s), depending on what their limitations are.
I have a new ? for you, will paralleling my slb 12 amp with my Lifepo4 20 amp will it do bad things to slb with them having a 8 amp difference ?

Back