Vectrix charger repair

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.

Vectrix charger repair

Postby Simonjrwinter » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi, first post!
My recently acquired 2010 gold Runke charger has stopped working. I've tried all the reboot advice, removed and looked inside charger (nothing burnt...no fuses either) but am unable to fix it. Bike still works but now with depleted charge.
Is there anyone who can fix these or does anyone have the schematic for them?
Thanks

Simon
Simonjrwinter
1 µW
1 µW

Re: Vectrix charger repair

Postby amberwolf » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:50 am

Does "stopped working" mean that it outputs no voltage? Or does it mean that the bike does not begin charging even though the charger outputs a voltage? Or....?
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby Simonjrwinter » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 am

No voltage, no fans, no lights on the bike, nothing.
Done all the fuse/plug checks etc, it just died.
Simonjrwinter
1 µW
1 µW

Postby amberwolf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:15 am

Does it still have AC voltage on the inside, where the cord that goes to the wall plugs into it? You can trace from there and see where it stops having voltage, and it might be a soldered-in fuse or PTC/NTC resistive device burned out somewhere in the early part of the AC input side of the circuit board.
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby Simonjrwinter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 am

Sorry,
I don't think I'm "savvy" enough to get too deeply into the charger. I've bought another 2nd hand one now which seems to work (still only 6 mile range though!)
Simon
Simonjrwinter
1 µW
1 µW

Return to E-Scooter and Motorcycle General Discussion