I never found a more suitable BMS (sizewise) than the 150A version of the one I had, so I just went for that one. It's on its way now, which means I can finally continue on the battery box build.
Apart from that, I have been working a little on the swingarm, making all the sheet metal parts for it. When it was all made and I mocked it up, immediately saw that this thing needs some reinforcement.
So I've done a few things to stiffen the structure. First, I've shortened the distance from the motor axle back to the shock, making it 35mm shorter than what would be the identical measurement of an original Vespa motor. This will reduce bending moments on the (previously) very weak rear stay of the swingarm.
Second, I've closed the box structure by adding an upside down U-shaped piece of sheet metal, which will be riveted to the main part of the swingarm to create an as solid structure as possible.
Third; I need to decrease the sideways overhang of the shock mount. This is not only to reduce torsion on the swingarm, but I found that the mount would actually interfer with the motor the way I intended it to be.
So still some designing to do, some labor down the drain, but that's how it is when your finished product is also your prototype
Oh yeah, and I demagnetized the magnet on my electronic throttle in an attempt to changing the cable that came with it (it was soldered). So now I have to find beg the seller for a replacement magnet and find a way to replace it.
No pictures to show, really...