Xingyue X1/SeeyesDMB09A moped LiFePo4 pack build

evo1087

100 mW
IMG_6647 LR.jpg
Recently I made a pack with These LiFePo4 cells. Check out my pictures here.
I made modules in 6s. each stack is 16s and I have 4 stacks for a 60V 22ah pack. I am using the SLA "on board charger" ( I just keep it in the storage box) and a SDT SC620 with PSU to balance. No BMS because the project was just a test to see if I could make something and the results were good. I Improved range to 40 miles it was like 20 before that. The handling was what surprised me the most, it is so much better with 1/3 the battery weight I had before.
The cons are the voltage drop is pretty bad and they are hard to access for balancing because they are deep in the bottom tray. My modules and wiring are sketchy to say the least...borderline dangerous.
My new goal it to try to find LEAF modules for < $55 (its possible just saw a battey pack sell for $2500). I need 8. My weight will be the same as with SLAs again, but the range will be 60-70 city miles on a charge and much less voltage drop. Hitting the voltage cutoff is so annoying. I should be able run full throttle with the leaf modules for an hour, 2/3 longer than present. This guy put some in his moped. They take up the whole storage space they come out easy by the looks of it. I have a rear storage bin so that helps and surf rack haha. Soooo got any leaf cells? or need advice on making a quick and easy but potentially dangerous pack?
9c Module 6S.jpg
IMG_6683 LR.jpg

Saw a zero this morning. Looked pretty quick. Im still pretty set in the leaf modules. Pretty good bang for the buck.

spinningmagnets said:
I would recommend keeping an eye out for Chevy Volt cells. Zero cells are awesome, too, but rare.

"Salvaged EV cells index, Leaf, Volt, Tesla, etc"
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=89680

Went with your advice and got a 2016 chevy volt gen 2 16s pack. Its been reliable so far.
I need 18s or 20s module or multiple 6s modules for more voltage and top speed. Right mow I rely on my controllers flux waakening speed boost but it kills my range. With the 16s module I see 0.05v difference after 100a max disharge and .01v after 6a charge without balance charging. My cheap charger is slow but for $40 its been good. A 15a charger is $200 without high voltage control. The cheap chargers slowness seems to self balance the module. It chargers up 67.6v which is high. I usually turn it off at 65v and charge at 56v. It think thats about 80% usage. I tried a BMS but it was showing voltages completely differnt from my multimeter which showed consistant values. The BMS was all over the place but that might have something to do with the wiring. I’ll rewire and try again. Any one know any transplate 18s 20s or 5s 6s modules

Back