Currie Phat flyer Need motor advice

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.
chuckklr98   1 mW

1 mW

Currie Phat flyer Need motor advice

Post by chuckklr98 » Aug 26 2017 8:56am

Looks like my speed controller may be shot on my ancient Currie Phat flyer. Need Advice on testing the internal speed control, motor, or where to find a new or used one. Anyone install a external speed control? Everyone seems to out of any internal speed control brushless motor that will work. Desperately need advice on where to find a new or used one. Ebay has no listings, neither does a search on Google.

ElectricGod   1 GW

1 GW

Re: Currie Phat flyer Need motor advice

Post by ElectricGod » Aug 28 2017 7:30pm

chuckklr98 wrote:Looks like my speed controller may be shot on my ancient Currie Phat flyer. Need Advice on testing the internal speed control, motor, or where to find a new or used one. Anyone install a external speed control? Everyone seems to out of any internal speed control brushless motor that will work. Desperately need advice on where to find a new or used one. Ebay has no listings, neither does a search on Google.
PM me...

If it looks sort of like this but with a flat end cover...then it is an outrunner inside there that has a built in internal controller. Mine was fried too. The motor is fairly strong when connected externally.

XB-502: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83302&p=1222730#p1222730

Currie scooter: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=83830&p=1227407#p1227407

Benjamin Franklin - "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

chuckklr98   1 mW

1 mW

Post by chuckklr98 » Aug 30 2017 9:26am

ElectricGod wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:Looks like my speed controller may be shot on my ancient Currie Phat flyer. Need Advice on testing the internal speed control, motor, or where to find a new or used one. Anyone install a external speed control? Everyone seems to out of any internal speed control brushless motor that will work. Desperately need advice on where to find a new or used one. Ebay has no listings, neither does a search on Google.
PM me...

If it looks sort of like this but with a flat end cover...then it is an outrunner inside there that has a built in internal controller. Mine was fried too. The motor is fairly strong when connected externally.

Yep, it looks like that. How hard is it to hook up external speed control? I'v got this kit coming , but it's wayyyy too much money.https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/P ... =KIT-CT500

chuckklr98   1 mW

1 mW

Post by chuckklr98 » Sep 08 2017 6:17pm

Kit is in and it's working fine. Waiting on two 15 amp sla batts to come in , and a 4 amp charger, then will raise the deck like electrogod
did.