Currie Phat flyer Need motor advice

chuckklr98

1 mW
Looks like my speed controller may be shot on my ancient Currie Phat flyer. Need Advice on testing the internal speed control, motor, or where to find a new or used one. Anyone install a external speed control? Everyone seems to out of any internal speed control brushless motor that will work. Desperately need advice on where to find a new or used one. Ebay has no listings, neither does a search on Google.

chuckklr98 said:
Looks like my speed controller may be shot on my ancient Currie Phat flyer. Need Advice on testing the internal speed control, motor, or where to find a new or used one. Anyone install a external speed control? Everyone seems to out of any internal speed control brushless motor that will work. Desperately need advice on where to find a new or used one. Ebay has no listings, neither does a search on Google.

PM me...

If it looks sort of like this but with a flat end cover...then it is an outrunner inside there that has a built in internal controller. Mine was fried too. The motor is fairly strong when connected externally.

IMG_20160930_004144_zpsoo9hoi6k.jpg

ElectricGod said:
chuckklr98 said:

PM me...

If it looks sort of like this but with a flat end cover...then it is an outrunner inside there that has a built in internal controller. Mine was fried too. The motor is fairly strong when connected externally.

IMG_20160930_004144_zpsoo9hoi6k.jpg

Yep, it looks like that. How hard is it to hook up external speed control? I'v got this kit coming , but it's wayyyy too much money.https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT-CT500

Kit is in and it's working fine. Waiting on two 15 amp sla batts to come in , and a 4 amp charger, then will raise the deck like electrogod
did.

Back