[noob] Bought Gio 500W 48V E-bike speed help (13-14km/r max)

Tcalp

1 µW
Hey Everyone,

I just bought a used Gio 500W 48V e-bike, and while I did take a "quick tour" on it before paying and taking it away, I hadn't bothered to test the "maximum" speed. Currently the bike is maxing out at ~14km/hr (regardless if i'm not on the bike, aka wheel spinning in air). The battery seems to be in good enough shape. This is my first scooter / e-bike / whatever; I have to assume this is some sort of "safety mode" or speed lock/toggle. From all the research that I've done, the bikes that look like mine all have a low/high speed and kill switch next to the throttle, but this bike doesn't.

I've opened up the bike and tried to see if I could direct volt the motor, but the more research I do, the more I am convinced that it is a speed limit / toggle somehow.

Can anyone give me a hand with some insight here; The controller is dated 2012-03-06 , 48V , 500W , Brushless controller 120 degree angle (I assume for cooling design?).

There are two disconnected "single wire" cables and 1 3-wire (looks like the PAS wire, if comparing to other controllers on the internet). Not too sure what the other two wires do , possibly related to the 32km/hr limitation enable/disable ?? not really sure...

Anyhow, would greatly appreciate advice/help!

If your already at the controller then as long as you have the power, motor phase and hall connectors wired and the 3 wires of a throttle connected you shouldn't need anything else to test. It should run at full power, if not suspect the controller.

Back