LMX 161 - The world's lightest freeride motorcycle

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 10 matches: +indiegogo" (in the message Subject)... Was thinking there was maybe already an indiegogo models thread...

... but now on the indiegogo site: LMX 161 - The world's lightest freeride motorcycle
("Using a state-of-the-art electric drivetrain, the street-legal LMX 161 weighs just 42kg"):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lmx-161-the-world-s-lightest-freeride-motorcycle#/

zuw0nexohzkfehk8mp1x.jpg

Got a vid on YT? Yup:
[youtube]Pq2oXfc6Upc[/youtube]

So far:
€9,166 EUR raised by 3 backers
18% of €50,000 fixed goal
a month left

On your marks... Get Set... GO! Hehe...

qdwufdgideodfffwryvq.jpg

They say stuff like:
High Performance

The LMX 161 is a high performance motorcycle, with acceleration comparable to a 85cc offroad motorbike. With over 300 N.m at the back wheel available from zero RPM, the LMX 161-H really takes advantage of the electric drive train characteristics.

The linkage suspension provides a progressive leverage ratio, giving the bike good suspension performance for high speed bumps and rough landings.

Quick swap battery

Ride longer using multiple batteries, or bring your battery up to your apartment for charging.

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ohhwHRsAHrw2Ucv8Q%2Fgiphy.gif

Mon Dieu!

:mrgreen:

Note they say too:
€4833 EUR
€6,500 (25% Off)
LMX 161 -H early bird
Get one of the first 25 LMX 161-H street legal motorcycle (Europe, L1E-B) for 4833€. Discount : 1666€ ex VAT/25% off list price. Only 15 bikes available at this price! EU customers add 966€ VAT (total price 5800€ incl VAT). Shipping and import taxes costs not included (see shipping & Imports ).
Items included:
LMX 161-H street legal

bzhwindtalker said:
I'm here is you have questions, I run LMX with my business partner Lucas and designed the frames.
Adam

I thought it looked like your work. Nice bike and good luck on your homologation.

bzhwindtalker said:
I'm here is you have questions, I run LMX with my business partner Lucas and designed the frames.
Adam

Bonne chance, mes amis! (Je suis Canadien...) :mrgreen:

bzhwindtalker said:
40% reached, 24 days to go !

Hehe... Well. Here in Alt. Reality Planet (it's Endless) we get to gamble?

So. Day Zero... (24 days to go)... I'LL say... 600% over by end-of-life...

:mrgreen: :lol:

Watt? Nobuddy wants to bet??? OK. I'll put $20 in the pot. (Winner takes all in the pot.) :mrgreen:

^^ Hehe... "reach at least the 50k goal, hopefully quite a bit more"... Again. I bet SIX TIMES "MORE" than yer $50K "target". It's up to the denizens of ES to tear apart yer "value for money" scheme. MY only "problem"? Lost ability to balance. :cry: (But now "sold" on comfort and convenience of recumbent trikes.) :wink:

€19,964 EUR raised by 11 backers
40% of €50,000 fixed goal
23 days left

Drunkskunk said:
This is awesome, and I wish you the best of luck.

Do you plan to make a version of this with Vin numbered, registerable frame? Or road legal?

The bike we are crowdfunding now will be road legal for Europe. For other countries it depends, I know the EU type approval is largely based on UN recommendations.
I don't know what additional testing or certifications we may need for US market. The EU approval is a big chunk to bite already... :wink:

This looks like a lot of fun and if you get it road legal it will be practical too. I see a bunch of skinny little guys riding it in photos and videos. Can it support a 260 pound muscular Canadian? :D Can you ride it in the pouring rain, snow, mud?

Hehe... "260 pound muscular" Cute "turn of phrase". I'm about a 150 pound (soaking wet) Canadien... not really used to seeing "260 pound" and "muscular" in the same sentence. Happen much? Involve much consumption of steroids? Or living out of McDonalds etc?
Fascinating.

LockH said:
Hehe... "260 pound muscular" Cute "turn of phrase". I'm about a 150 pound (soaking wet) Canadien... not really used to seeing "260 pound" and "muscular" in the same sentence. Happen much? Involve much consumption of steroids? Or living out of McDonalds etc?
Fascinating.

That is not very nice!

About the rated weight,we had customers over 120kg test the bike at multiple events, and we have a 300 lbs+ ex NFL customer in the US with a 2.2 steel frame.
For the alu frame the rated max weight will be 90kg for the rider. The frame is 6061 and only 7kg or so, so we don't want to take much risks about the max load.
I often ride offoad with my GF in the back, that is 67kg me plus 56kg her plus clothes and gear. However this is different loads than an aggresive 130kg+ rider..

BTW we reached 49% :)

^^ "That is not very nice!"

Hehe... Sorry Sir! Just suggesting ya don't overlook the other 99% of the world. Us "little guys". :wink:

Currently, Indiegogo:
€24,414 EUR raised by 12 backers
49% of €50,000 fixed goal
20 days left

GO GO GO!

Hi Adam,

I was checking the tech specs from the street legal 161 and the freeride one. The electrical part looks the same to me, so the 45Km/h limitation is only done through gearing ? if so does the street legal version will have a little bit more "humpf" over the freeride version ?

€76,118 EUR raised by 31 backers
152% of €50,000 fixed goal

TheBMallory said:
I was checking the tech specs from the street legal 161 and the freeride one. The electrical part looks the same to me, so the 45Km/h limitation is only done through gearing ? if so does the street legal version will have a little bit more "humpf" over the freeride version ?

If it were my project, the difference would be controller firmware designed to electronically impose the required limits on the street legal model. That way, it could enjoy the same off the line torque and low speed climbing ability as the unrestricted model, with mechanical output wattage and/or speed limits introduced only as necessary.

Yes the gearing and engine programming is the same and we have to install two separate ways of limiting the top speed to 45k. The advantage is to have good acceleration all the way to 45.

DANG.
€76,118 EUR raised by 31 backers
152% of €50,000 fixed goal
5 days left

Looks like I'm gonna lose my bet. [grumble grumble] (Phew... Good thing nobuddy else on ES likes to gamble... Tks to the Gawds...) :mrgreen:

Back