The new Emmo Zone/Daymak EM2 72v

http://emmo.ca/emmo-zone-motorcycle-style-ebike/

This new ebike is seriously amazing, looks exactly like a motorcycle. Bike itself is $2899 plus tax.

To replace the battery, 5.3kWh of Tesla cells costs about $1375 USD, enough to make two huge 72v37Ah packs to give you all-day range, even at 80% capacity.

They don't even list it's speed capability, or what motor it *actually* has (just their "brand" fo it). Without any specs to demonstrate otherwise, I doubt it has the power to get out of it's own way.

By itself, it weighs more than my CrazyBike2 long cargo bike, but even with a battery that theoretically has almost twice the Wh of mine, it can't even go half the distance, not even carrying just a rider, much less hauling cargo. (and CB2 charges in an hour or two).

I doubt it can do the ~4seconds 0-20MPH CrazyBike2 can, either.

Sure, it looks like a motorcycle...but it probably rides like a pig and self-disassembles. ;)

And if it's an "ebike", as in "legal electric bicycle", I can't think of anywhere you could actually ride it without constantly being either constantly harassed by police for riding an unlicensed motorcycle (whether it actualy is or not, it looks like one), or run over by cars for being a super-slow motorcycle-looking thing that's in their way (real motorcycles have enough trouble with that, and generally use their ability (power and speed) to keep up with traffic to avoid that fate).

Color: Black; White; Red
Dimension (LxWxH): 2100 x 850 x 1345
Wheel Size: 110/70-16 front, 120/80-16 back, Tubeless
Net Weight: 120 kgs
Travel Range: 35-45 kms*
Charging Time: 4 – 10 Hours
Climbing Angle: 28 Degrees
Load Capacity: 250kgs
Motor: Emmo GTS Super Torque Motor
Battery: 72V/20Ah Gel SLA
Charger: AC100-120V, Smart Charger (Battery maintained while charging)
Front Brake: Disc Brake
Rear Brake: Disc Brake
Lock System: Remote Alarm / Remote Starter / Key Ignition Lock / Steer Lock / Motor Lock
Meter & Indicator: LED -> Speedometer, Odometer, Battery Strength Indicator, Light Indicator
Lighting System: Ultra Bright LED Headlight w/High Beam, LED Turning Signals, LED Brake Light, LED Tail Light
Storage: N/A
* Travel range is based on riding on level ground, no stops, no winds, warm temperatures for a 175 lbs rider with no extra cargo.

sadly we have some manufacturers up here in Canada that are really exploiting the "ebike" loophole in our laws. Here in BC an ebike can really be anything that has pedals, and as the cops are not really enforcing any power limits, the manufacturers have just kept creeping up the power and moto styling. Many of these bike are using QS motors so if you want to know what kind of power is available check out the QS website. Eventually the authorities are going to notice that people with little experience at speed and no licenses are riding around on electric motorbikes. Then the party will be over.
You don't get as many of these things down in the states because California defines an ebike as having minimum 20 inch outer diameter on at least one of the bike's wheels.
...and yes, the pedals are a joke, you are dead in the water without power (but then many of us are as well).

AFAICT this one doesn't even pretend to have pedals, unlike most of the scooter-looking things.

Here in AZ the law doesn't require pedals, but I have them in case of power failure (and is one of the reasons I prefer the trike to the bike, cuz I can only pedal slowly, and the bike cannot be balanced at the speds I can pedal--the trike can be pedalled at any speed I can manage. ;) )

The pedals are there, under the rear sets, just a very short chain and to be honest they pedal better than my scooter. Also most are easily doing 55+km/hr not that I agree with that but that’s a different subject. As for bashing someone’s enthusiasm i feel your being a little harsh, without this kind of bike many people would turn their back on electric vehicles completely, it’s not your cup of tea but then I wouldn’t be enticed by any of your offerings either, I would still be driving my v8 SUV through the city to go to work and back rather than use my scooter. It’s an electric vehicle and this is an electric vehicle forum so why the bashing. Kindly inform him the differences of advertised and actual. This is like every other person bringing a scooter into the forum, the seniors here who should nurture the decision for young people to move away from modifying Honda’s and really doing amazing things with cars to experiment with scooters (yes I class this as a scooter) they may well migrate over to e-bikes and be building the next b-52 for 3k less.

Back