Since the Sur-ron dirt bike was such a success anyone have info on their motorcycle

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.
boytitan
100 W
100 W

Since the Sur-ron dirt bike was such a success anyone have info on their motorcycle

Post by boytitan » Dec 23, 2017 9:01 am

There are like no good value buys for electric motorcycles. Even the victory empuse TT which were going for 6-8k used have all been bought up leaving 1 sub 8K bike on cycletrader. For a bike whos company went under that pricing is horrendus. The electric motor cycle market is horrible right now. Can someone find out if Sur Ron white ghost is available for group buy or even finished with production. Competition is greatly needed for a sub 10k electric motorcycle. Its literally only zero motorcycles available then some over priced competition at above 12k. Its really looking like I am going to have get a gas bike as my first bike this summer.

I have seen 1 article about the white ghost so far 1.

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e ... y-sur-ron/

efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Since the Sur-ron dirt bike was such a success anyone have info on their motorcycle

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Dec 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Sur Ron "white ghost" street bike will not be cheap..
due in part to the huge battery that will be needed to achieve highway speeds and decent range.. the battery alone will add thousands to the bikes price..

but if you are looking for something more affordable then maybe look into the Denzel eastgem electric cafe racer, around $4K :

http://www.eastgem.net/electric-cafe-race.html
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

boytitan
100 W
100 W

Re: Since the Sur-ron dirt bike was such a success anyone have info on their motorcycle

Post by boytitan » Dec 23, 2017 9:21 pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Dec 23, 2017 1:30 pm
Sur Ron "white ghost" street bike will not be cheap..
due in part to the huge battery that will be needed to achieve highway speeds and decent range.. the battery alone will add thousands to the bikes price..

but if you are looking for something more affordable then maybe look into the Denzel eastgem electric cafe racer, around $4K :

http://www.eastgem.net/electric-cafe-race.html

Its going to kick starter. The prototype looks like a regular motorcycle with their kit I doubt it comes to market. They just are not large enough. Look at the quality of their Sur-run competitors you can see the difference in production. Don't get me wrong their stuff looks great but making a street vehicle is a whole different beast. Like the rush it looks great it probably performs better then Sur-ron firefly but when u look at a firefly it just looks better.

ScooterMan101
100 kW
100 kW

Post by ScooterMan101 » Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Boytitan,

Here are a couple to look at. There are companies that ship / transport motorcycles, I do not know who they are but it would be good to shop around for pricing.

1) https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/d/ ... 92307.html

2) https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/d/ ... 53948.html

3) https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/d/ ... 59198.html

4) https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/d/ ... 40790.html

maydaverave
10 kW
10 kW

Post by maydaverave » Dec 25, 2017 1:47 am

I feel yeah. I just bought a Honda rebel 300 for five grand. Cruises great at seventy, reliable, and gets great gas mileage. At this time there isn't any emotorcycle close to being able to do my commute at five grand. I've been waiting years :(
e-bikekit 50v 9.2ah cellman pack

Aebrennan
100 W
100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Jan 21, 2018 4:59 am

Hello

As the Australian and New Zealand Sur-ron dealer I have been advised that the White Ghost will be available as a sample/demo bike mid year.
I have requested to receive a test bike as soon as possible.
I have also been advised that the Light Bee is in the process of being EU certified for road use.
The final details surrounding the specific code of compliance is uncertain at present, but I have already been in contact with ADR engineers regarding Australian compliance.
Again this is not expected to be confirmed till mid-year.
I will be able to update this information after visiting the factory in the next few months.

Thanks
Adam Brennan
A e-bikes
Sur-Ron Australia

John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Post by John in CR » Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm

maydaverave wrote:
Dec 25, 2017 1:47 am
I feel yeah. I just bought a Honda rebel 300 for five grand. Cruises great at seventy, reliable, and gets great gas mileage. At this time there isn't any emotorcycle close to being able to do my commute at five grand. I've been waiting years :(
What's your commute? My little commuter scooter would slaughter your Rebel except maybe in absolute top speed, though it would probably take you a mile or so to catch up. It cost me less than half your target price to build.

maydaverave
10 kW
10 kW

Post by maydaverave » Jan 22, 2018 4:15 pm

John in CR wrote:
Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm
maydaverave wrote:
What's your commute? My little commuter scooter would slaughter your Rebel except maybe in absolute top speed, though it would probably take you a mile or so to catch up. It cost me less than half your target price to build.
about ninety miles round trip and I often have to do two trips one in the morning and one late at night. Nothing under 12 grand that I know of that could do that.

flat tire
10 kW
10 kW

Post by flat tire » Jan 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Why are electric motorcycles so expensive? Simple, because by the time you have worthwhile power, speed, and range (even by electric standards) you have a really damn expensive battery pack. As in, by itself it costs more than most manufacturers spend to produce a bike.

John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Post by John in CR » Jan 23, 2018 5:19 am

maydaverave wrote:
Jan 22, 2018 4:15 pm
John in CR wrote:
maydaverave wrote:
about ninety miles round trip and I often have to do two trips one in the morning and one late at night. Nothing under 12 grand that I know of that could do that.
The real answer is changing the location one of the ends of your commute. If I can't talk you out of the live-to-commute lifestyle, then what you need is the 2wd super commuter scooter I have under construction that will cost me almost $4k before it's all said and done. In the interest of battery longevity you'll want a 150mi range capacity, so if your commute is mostly US highway speeds, your version would need more strict attention to aero than I need. In terms of performance in every category except maybe absolute top speed it will run rings around your Rebel.

maydaverave
10 kW
10 kW

Post by maydaverave » Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm

I didn't buy the rebel for performance though it handles well and is fast enough to be fun. Main consideration was and is cost per mile and reliability. I'm just waiting for a dependable ev motorcycle that has 100 mile range and can charge in about 4 hours. Doesn't have to have amazing performance. I could live with 65 mph top speed. Great aerodynamics seems better to me than enormous expensive battery.

maydaverave
10 kW
10 kW

Post by maydaverave » Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

John in CR wrote:
Jan 23, 2018 5:19 am
maydaverave wrote:
Jan 22, 2018 4:15 pm
John in CR wrote:
maydaverave wrote:
The real answer is changing the location one of the ends of your commute. If I can't talk you out of the live-to-commute lifestyle, then what you need is the 2wd super commuter scooter I have under construction that will cost me almost $4k before it's all said and done. In the interest of battery longevity you'll want a 150mi range capacity, so if your commute is mostly US highway speeds, your version would need more strict attention to aero than I need. In terms of performance in every category except maybe absolute top speed it will run rings around your Rebel.
When I joined this site my commute was short and I got by perfectly with a small ebike other than harassment by cops. Trust me I miss those days.