Kawasaki Z750 Conversion

boars

100 W
Q3d15Yj.jpg

Rode home my "rolling chassis" ... couldn't find an actual rolling chassis that I liked nearby so had to settle for getting a running bike that I'll neuter when I get all the required parts.

Runs well for a bike only 3000km short of 100k.
I'll have to get it past that milestone before stripping it down.

Don't know much about anything of the process required to get this registered properly in Qld but I'm definitely going to attempt to do it properly, not just switch it over and pretend like nothing happened.

Something about making a green bike, more "green" that sold me on getting a Kwaka, I do enjoy dad jokes and puns. :pancake:

I know there's a lot of hate for the unsprung boat anchor approach to e-bikes but it's my first attempt at doing something like this so I'm settled with a K.I.S.S. approach toward the drivetrain...

Early days yet but the first big hurdle is done - Min for finance gave the green light - so I dashed to get it before it became an amber light.

Awesome project, nothing wrong with proving concept using K.I.S.S. Firstly, you'll learn so much that any future mid drive build will be much less compromised than a all-in first attempt. Secondly you'll get it running sooner and the EV grin will motivate you through any revisions.

Sketch is the person to talk to about qld rego process, and Chris builds some brutal batteries. If you are in Brisbane, sing out if you need a hand.

Thanks Rube, much appreciate the names.

Took me a moment to work out who you meant by Sketch[ism] as I tried going through the userlist on my phone without realising I could actually sort by spelling as opposed to joined date. Has he got an electric on the road? Is there a thread I've missed somewhere - I've got a tonne of reading to do to get on top of all this.

Technically... I'm just south of Brisbane, Rochedale South - I'm not at the build stage yet so only really tinkering with the bike in non electric capacity at this stage. Still planning on what exactly to do and looking at maybe modelling something up in 3d to work out dimensions I'm working with for battery etc - be nice to find a z750 model that's adequate for the task this weekend.

I was musing getting something like this: https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Water-Cooling-14kw-150kmh-electric-motorcycle_60607793865.html

Wasn't sure about the quality of controller etc included with the hub however - I'm sure there are better ones available but my knowledge in that area is so shallow, you might as well consider the surface frozen.

After I sort out what I'm getting in that department I'll need to sort out getting a battery built - but being a relative novice haven't sorted out what sort or how yet either. Although I have found VRUZEND's DIY assembly kit for 18650 batteries to be a really awesome concept. I assume by Chris, you are referring to jonescg and his LIPO battery builds, they look interesting.

So far all I know is I'm wanting my Z750 to be highway capable and at minimum capable of cruising at 110-120km/hour for a distance of around 60-80km. No sure if that's doable?

I'm assuming the combined weight of myself (90) and the bike (guesstimate 110) will be around 200kg sans battery/motor/electrics.

Clearly I've got a lot of reading to do yet.

Yes for the battery see Jonecg posts in the for sale section. To get inspiration from Sketchism's motard build you'll need to look on ES Facebook. Also have a look at the 50kw Aprillia build on the forum. The builder shares some geart images on Facebook but I forgot the group name. I think on YouTube some videos are under channel by cangoofiy.

VRUZEND's OK for low power low amp projects but not what you need. Battery is the critical factor you can always change peripherals but the big investment is the battery.

Also lookup electricbike on YouTube, when you find an intesly loud and hyperactive dude with a 50kw trike, that's Bruno. He is another skilled battery builder in Australia. He is on here but I can't easily search while on my phone.

Back