Cezeta electric scooter

Eskutr

10 mW
Hi,

after 3 years of development, the renaissance of Čezeta is finally happening with the new type 506. Basic specs are...
- Panasonic batteries 6kWh, in-house BMS with a realistic range of 150km
- class A1 up to 11kW power, top speed 123km/h
- variable recuperation via our own 2-way throttle
- on board 1,8kW charger
- 3 speed modes and reverse
- Sevcon controller
- Beringer brakes, Rizoma accessories, Michelin tyres, Smiths instruments
- all engineering bodywork done by Čezeta in the Czech Republic
- all major components linked via CAN communication and controlled by our own onboard ECU

Our aim was to build the best electric scooter in the world and I'm interested to hear what the people here think? Did we do it?

- Neil

Attachments

• fb-post-29jan.jpg
    fb-post-29jan.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3,490
You are definitely on the right track for range and performance. I like the look and design, it looks very usable in all kinds of weather with the wide front cowl and tall windscreen. Good storage space also. I suspect the price will show that you guys do not wish to sell the scooter to the masses, meaning it will be insanely expensive. Please give an update when you are ready to export to Canada and the US.

What is the weight ?... It looks heavy.
..And to me,..pig ugly ! ..whilst i know looks are a personal thing, if you want to maximise your sales appeal, you need a design that appeals to the masses,..not just a few art/classic fans.
Just giving honest feedback !

Eskutr said:
Our aim was to build the best electric scooter in the world and I'm interested to hear what the people here think? Did we do it?

I don't think so as it looks very "retro" but technically it's a little too retro... :wink:
If you weren't trying to design an electric scooter for fashion victims and were indeed trying to build the best electric scooter in the world it would technologically be more like a BMW Evolution:

bmw-c-evolution-accu1.jpg

C_évolution-2.png

The BMW probably isn't a good example of a better way. Not only does it look like it was designed to appeal to 9-year-old boys, but its structure appears to be built up from castings. ?!? If that made sense, I'm sure we'd see it more often. It looks to be grossly lacking in service access to important components. It's like they're trying to incorporate all the worst things about today's cars, and add a few more worst things in for good measure.

SlowCo said:
:lol:
I hope you're joking Chalo... :roll:

Am I wrong that the thing is made out of castings? I'm for sure not wrong that it looks like it came from Toys 'R' Us in bankruptcy.

You're a funny guy Chalo...
Yes the frame is made of aluminium alloy castings which provide a stiff and light structure that also contains al the electronics as well as the battery. A better version of the electric bicycle frames like the Vector, Qulbix, EEB etc.
The castings are bolted together so are easily unbolted to access the components inside. It's good engineering if parts have multiple functions. But off course you're designing and building much better bicycles and pedicabs than BMW Motorrad ever could. Please show us your work...😄

Castings are good for all sorts of things. Structurally, they suck. Which is why folks use weldments made of tubes or stampings or forgings pretty much whenever they make high performance structures out of metal.

Find me a cast car. Or motorcycle. Or aircraft. Or bicycle. Kids' wheelie toys, sure. But not machines that have jobs to do.

I don't see anything easy about taking the chassis of a vehicle apart so you can get to the battery or electronics. And if BMW wanted to make it easy, why would they clad the whole thing in hideous plastic garbage that has to come off before anything useful can happen? It's just like stupid cars where you can open the hood and not see any engine.

I don't agree with Chalo often, but he's spot on about that BMW...all the worst things about modern cars incorporated. IOW, engineered to be overly expensive and overly complex, with the latter meaning sure to fail resulting in costly parts and repairs, a major part of big automotive's business model. They're trying their damnedest to continue that proven approach during the transition to electric transportation.

Not just BMW. Other German cars are the same way. So are BMW motorcycles. It takes 30 minutes of removing plastic panels to get access to anything that resembles an engine component.

I think their scooter looks much better without the plastic panels anyway.

A coworker of mine grew up in Czech Republic and remembers those old Cezeta scooters. They are much larger than a Vespa.

When is the 505 coming out?

Attachments

• cezeta-505.jpg
    cezeta-505.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,978
Oh oh... Somebuddy used the "B Word"... "best"... :)

Like, hard to pedal? In "EV Terms" one can pedal from stops, up hills, etc to shave off peak power outs to extend ranges per charge, but also so that the cells ("battery") lasts longer before eventual recycling and replacement. Yes?

Also, "heavy"? Takes more energy to accelerate, etc. It's a "physics" thing...

Anywhooo... Good luck!

John in CR said:
maydaverave said:
When is the 505 coming out?

50-70 years ago. I'm not against retro per se, but ugly then doesn't improve with age.
It's on the ev makers website. I commute by motorcycle but I would like to have the 505 to haul larger goods. I like the style of these scoots. If they made a fallout game in Russia these would look perfect.

Hillhater said:
What is the weight ?... It looks heavy.
..And to me,..pig ugly ! ..whilst i know looks are a personal thing, if you want to maximise your sales appeal, you need a design that appeals to the masses,..not just a few art/classic fans.
Just giving honest feedback !

I'm with you 100%, and I am building a 1981 Vespa ebike.

SlowCo said:
Eskutr said:

I don't think so as it looks very "retro" but technically it's a little too retro... :wink:
If you weren't trying to design an electric scooter for fashion victims and were indeed trying to build the best electric scooter in the world it would technologically be more like a BMW Evolution:

bmw-c-evolution-accu1.jpg

C_évolution-2.png

Agreed. Nice modern look with all the modern capabilities. Price is also going to be a factor.

Back