@amberwolf I found one inline fuse within the 12V system and it was good. It was 5A, I forget what it sat between. Didn't see anything inline in the high voltage area but I will take another look.
I made some more progress opening the pack this morning. Removed the BMS. Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/QOpp0KE
One problem I am having is that the steel has deformed in such a way that removing it will apply a good bit of pressure on the cells. I'm uncomfortable doing this given how bloated the cells are. I would ordinarily lever the batteries away from the steel as I pull it apart, but there is very little margin for error and I don't want a lithium fire on my hands.
I was hoping to salvage the case, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just salvage the BMS. Serviceability is not this case's strong suit. I have removed over 100 screws, bolts, and nuts, and I'm not even all the way there yet. I can't see any way to avoid deformation during disassembly with cells in a state like this.
If anybody takes on a similar project, tools you will need for disassembly of this pack and BMS removal are:
* T10 torx bit (I recommend having a couple -- probably 90% of the screws are these)
* T8 torx driver (use a hand tool)
* T6 torx driver (use a hand tool)
* 3mm allen wrench
* 2.5mm allen wrench
* Pliers to twist off nuts where you don't have straight or right-angle access.
You can probably remove the BMS with just the allen wrenches. If you want to get to the cells, you will need to remove the entire BMS and positive contact anchor, as there are a couple torx screws under the board and the anchor doesn't have clearance to pull the contact through it.