Adding speed and power limiter (to make road legal)

AimoPamaus

1 µW
Hi, i need some advise from electronic wizards

I have thought to buy one of those dual drive 2000w 10" wheeled foldable scooter from china.
For offroad use it can be used as is, but for road use we have maximum 1000w and 25kmh.
No need for a brake function, it can go faster downhill but motor must cutt off at 25kmh

I want to be able to switch off 2nd motor, and set rear limited max speed to 25kmh.
Front motor disable is the easy one, i can do connections to single/dual switch (red handlebar button).
I am aware that lcd display has parameter 8 (percentage to max speed), but i do not wanna use that one.
Actuator has to be simple switch or relay. Limitter circuit can be more complex if needed

Any ideas how to? Can this limitter be done with some potentiometer at connector 6?

Sorry about bad Picture.

Attachments

• Translation2.jpg
    Translation2.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Translation.jpg
    Translation.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Wow, what a pile of wires! Makes things more challenging to figure out.

The speed limit wires usually go to a switch. Something in the software programs what the limit is. Just try putting a jumper or switch across the wires and see what happens. You may need a programming interface other than the display to actually change the speed setting.

Oh, progammed limit is not good…
As certified electrician wiring is no problem, but programming may be. If there is no easy software interphase and clear guide how to connect interphase.

I dont have this scooter yet, and i will not buy it if i cant add limiter precise 25kmh, or atleast under 30.

Does anyone have experience about programming? Rs485 possibly inside?

Every company does it a little differently. You would have to ask the seller. There is no way to tell for sure from the picture.

You could always use a resistor in series with the throttle signal to limit the speed, then have a switch across it for full speed.

Back