turning left power dies

kermeifw

1 mW
my daughter has a GIO PB 710. Worked great up until last fall. Before putting it way for the winter I am afraid it fell over a couple of times (the person who sold it to me didn't have the big kickstand installed, just the leaning one). Now when she drives it the scooter beeps and power dies when she turns left. When she straightens the handlebars it comes back to life. Now I am assuming I have a wire in the handlebar that probably got damaged when it fell over but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to which wires to check first as from what I can see, there are plenty of wires and narrowing it down will save me lots of work and a big headache.

It's most likely the ignition.

On those cheap scooters they use those cheap white 2 or 3pin connectors.

I've seen some people use zip ties or even hot melt glue to keep them plugged into each other.
Something I could think of is the brake wires shorting out but that wouldn't cause a beep, would it?

You could also try opening the whole handlebar mask and turn left with the ignition turned on. To see if anything stands out.

But there aren't even that many wires anyways. Like: Headlights,Indicators,horn,ignition and speedometer. So it shouldn't be that hard to find some unplugged or damaged wires.

thanks, I hope to get the cover off and look at the wires in the next day or two. Can't be too serious as it works as long she isn't making a sharp left hand turn. She really likes the scooter and the fact is doesn't burn gas is important to her :wink:

Back