Minor repairs and disable the speed limiter..

Darren xmr

1 µW
XMR Motorino Scooter...a couple things if I could get some advice
1) I recently changed the frt wheel bearing the same time the bearing failed my speedo/odemeter started acting up....coincidence? ? How do I fix this?
Also...this model charges to 80 volts and has 6 batteries, I live in the city and the 35-40 kph is fine...but I would really like to disable the speed limiter as my kids n grandkids all live in the country very secluded and I would like it to go faster..it has tons of power and I know it can go faster...I'm well aware of the consequences if I get caught...but in the city...well I'm never in a hurry...comments...suggestions...

There's probably a speed sensor on the front wheel, if it doesn't use the motor halls (assuming hubmotor) for this. Most likely the sensor or the magnet it probably uses on the wheel itself got moved, or disconnected, or jostled around; you can check for that.

If it's a cable-operated speedo/odo, then it could be the gearing on the wheel/axle that it connects to; might not be flush with it.

As for the speed limiter, you might first check out other motorino threads here on ES, even if they're not the same model they may still have info that points you to the right area.

A few links in this list
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=motorino+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Back