Setup Sabvoton Pole Pairs

Jguest

10 mW
I’ve had to open my hub to replace the halls and took the opportunity to count the poles for setting up my sabvoton.

I have 52 magnets, 60 poles with windings around them.

What number do I put in to the pn field?

Thanks

does not matter, the pole count is just for correct RPM numbers. if you dont use anything that needs the correct RPM then dont bother.

Motor is now running but doesn’t seem very fast considering the previous controller was restricted!

what is your setup? what makes you say the previous controller was restricted?

The controller was software restricted to 28mph, for the UK moped laws.
I assumed this controller would output a faster frequency sine wave. I will try adding more batteries, see if 96v makes a difference. More concerned that throttle appears to be on or off, even though the status field varies between 1.4v and 5v

i need to see the moped that does a higher speed on stock voltage. the kW of the motor is carefully chosen to hit 30mph with a full battery. its simply a voltage limit.
only things you can do to make it go faster is a bigger tire, higher voltage (that is always better) and/or a different motor/controller.

Motor is 3kw, stock volts is 72v. New controller capable of 96v so will add some more batteries, see where that takes me. Controller capable of 80a continuous but cables not beefy enough to sustain that so will limit to 80a. I am used to 3 phase variable speed drives on ac induction motors, these use a combination of waveform frequency and volts to control speed, so assumed the same would be the case with the Sabvoton

Back