Rieju RS3 NKD 50 (or similar) conversion

glerwill

10 µW
Hi, I'm thinking of converting www.rieju.es/m/16/450/rs3-nkd-50 one of these from a non runner to electric in UK - as a motorcycle (not limited), using a hub motor for simplicity.

Likely use - city commutes in traffic
Range - about 25 miles
Acceleration - desired as good as a 400cc Suzuke burgman scooter
Top speed - able to cope with occasional trips on the ring road so able to get to 70mph for short periods e.g. up to 5 miles

I would welcome a sanity check as to whether this is achievable at some reasonable level of cost?

Please may I ask you to keep suggestions to hub motors

My starting point is www.qs-motor.com/product/8000w-spoke-hub-motor-v3-type-for-electric-motorcycle

Your suggestions very welcome

thank you mister crash - im in the UK
i'm not too worried about the legal side - 2 options exist - just re-register as 'electric' instead of petrol and change as little as possible - or a motorcycle single vehicle approval (basically a test for compliance)
where im lacking knowledge is the size of hub motor to provide the performance I would like at a cost i can afford

Talk to someone at QS Motors telling them in detail what you want for speed, torque and performance and they will build you the hub you need and match it to a suitable controller. Looking at the bike, if a Leaf module fits flat inside that aluminum chassis, I know how I would convert this thing. I look forward to see how you will do it.

Back