Can i install a other battery?

vermi

1 µW
Hello,
I am new to the forum, I am from the Montreal area.
I bought a new Green Power scooter 72v, 22.2Ah, 10 "motor 500w.
Top speed 43 km/h. I want to put a other battery to have 84v.
But I do not know if my controller and my motor (10 "500w) will take it?
Thank's for help!

Here are pictures of the controller and my engine

IMG_20180830_153849144.jpg

IMG_20180909_111351774.jpg

IMG_20180905_100553668_HDR.jpg

Can't really tell from just the outside, but the chances that you can just add another battery to that controller are very low. I would confidently say that you cannot do it.

The motor should be fine to take the extra voltage, but at only 500 watts, you will not likely get any more speed out of it than you already are, even with the higher voltage. Actually, I'd be surprised if you saw the rated top speed very often if at all with that low wattage.

The motor isn't going to limit itself to 500W, it has no brains and can't do that.

The controller is going to feed it 30 Amps times whatever voltage it's being fed. At 72V that's 2160 watts, at 84V that's 2520 watts.

The controller is probably fine at 84V, a 72V controller will probably have 100V capacitors and FETs capable of switching 100V as well, so as long as your fully charged battery voltage is below that you're not likely to blow anything up immediately, but keep in mind that your controller will heat up more than it did before, and too much heat will lead to failure.

Where they sold this model, they said to leave it 72v,there are customers who have installed an extra battery (84v) and have burned their motor. 10 "motors do not support boosting ...
It's better a 12" motor to do that ...
Ok, i keep it original.
Thank's...

I find that quite unusual. Motors are usually very hardy, as long as you keep an eye on the temperature and currents.
Lifting the Voltage a bit is usually quite safe. Especially if it's just around 10%.

But for sure, any tuning like that will push components out of specification. There is no free lunch. :D
Especially with the stock controller.

It probably has a shit motor that is already on the edge. Replacing it with a QS motor with higher specs and a matching controller will make the difference. But if you have lead then i would not do this as lead simply cant handle heavy loads.

And diameter is not a factor in power. I have a 10" hub with a 4kw motor that can hit 18kW peaks.

flippy said:
It probably has a shit motor that is already on the edge.

Ditto

Replacing it with a QS motor with higher specs and a matching controller will make the difference. But if you have lead then i would not do this as lead simply cant handle heavy loads.

At that point the OP will probably have spent more than the purchase price of the bike.

And diameter is not a factor in power. I have a 10" hub with a 4kw motor that can hit 18kW peaks.
If you want to make an improvement on the characteristics of the bike, why don't you just add 10 more apps of the original voltage. won't go faster but will go farther.

Back