engine HUB vs engine center

TUNA0026

1 µW
hello boys ... I'm in the process of making my electric motorcycle ... but I do not know which motor to put ... HUB engine or central engine ... the motorcycle weighs approximately 20kg design format choper cruise rwheel fat bike de 26 ". ... I was thinking about an engine 3kw ... is a motorbike ride, but I want power and speed when required, do not go more than 90km / hs and have torque to climb slopes without problems ... I read that the hub engines do not have much torque and come just for e-bike or am I wrong? Which of the two engines is better? Thank you

I'm rebuilding an electric scooter with mid-engine configuration. I can tell you it's not worth the effort.
Hub motor is the way to go.

3kW sees a little on the weak side. But for a light motorcycle, it's probably ok. (Something that had 80-125cc in its previous life will run ok with that)
In Europe light motorbikes are allowed up to 11kW and mopeds up to 4kW, you got some room there. :wink:

But engine power isn't usually a significant limiting factor. Just select one that has the right speed and voltage rating for your power system.
What will likely limit you more (especially in acceleration) is your motor controller. Overspec that by a lot if you can and allow high peak currents.

PS: Your bike weighs 20kg with batteries? wow, that is light.

Perfect ... Then a motor HUB of 5000w and battery of 72v 30ah will be fine? Only the box with its accessories weighs 20kg without battery or controller ... the hub motors mostly come with one side to put a chain crown so I think it's only for bicycles ... Will it also be for constant use? There will be no problems? Thanks for your reply

Sounds like a good setup to me.

Hub motors should theoretically have better (air) cooling, better torque and be more silent.

Hub motor.

/thread

Back