Pocket Rocket electric motorcycle

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Oh Goody... ESB "Search found 3 matches: Pocket Rocket" (in this sub-forum... and none re THIS "Pocket Rocket"...:
sol-header.jpg

:mrgreen:

Sol Motors prepares to launch its 50 mph Pocket Rocket electric motorcycle:
https://electrek.co/2018/09/28/pocket-rocket-electric-motorcycle/

Starts:
“Unique” might be an understatement. Sol Motor’s new Pocket Rocket electric motorcycle looks nothing like many of the new e-motos we’ve covered recently.

Perhaps that is why the company is pitching their new Pocket Rocket electric motorcycle as a completely new class of light electric vehicle.

Sol Motor’s Pocket Rocket is something else entirely

Stuttgart, Germany-based Sol Motors describes the Pocket Rocket as something in between a lower speed electric bicycle and a higher speed electric motorcycle.

8)

Interesting design.

The Pocket Rocket is the standard model while the Pocket Rocket S is the go-faster model.

The top speed is 50-80 km/h (31-50 mph) depending on the model. That puts the Pocket Rocket in the city commuter vehicle category, while the Pocket Rocket S lands somewhere between a city vehicle and one capable of highway speeds.

The higher speed model features a 6 kW (8 hp) motor, while the lower speed model sports a motor of only 4 kW (5.4 hp). For comparison, most city commuter electric scooters feature motors in the 1.5 kW to 2.5 kW range, making the Pocket Rocket much peppier.

Both feature a respectable 150 Nm (111 ft-lbs) of torque.

The Pocket Rocket and the Pocket Rocket S are each rated for a range of 50-80 km (31-50 mi) depending on the riding mode, which is selectable between Eco, Sport and Wheelie. Presumably the Wheelie mode opens up the current limit of the electric motorcycle for max power, hence the name.

wheelie-pocket-rocket.jpg

Hehe... looks hard to pedal. :wink:

Going to be brutal every time the frame hits a speed bump.... I love catchy design and all, but it's just stupid how far down that thing pokes.

But I guess if you're wheelie-ing over everything it doesn't matter...

^^ Gets me a woodie... :wink:

Back