12S, 35A ESCs for Electric airplane project?

d55guy

100 µW
I am looking for advice on ESCs for a manned electric airplane that I am currently building. I posted in the aircraft section but that doesn't get much traction (pardon the pun) and I figured this group would have the most experience with these ESCs My ultralight will use 14 1.7kW BLDC motors (12S, 35A cont) each with it's own ESC so I have been looking a VESC and others. More info in my youtube videos:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SbjFLS0Uk6Y

This video is a introduction into some of the powerplant options that I am considering, and the design and testing that I will be doing in the next month. I will be trying out different controllers, heatsinks, cooling etc but I am definitely open to comment and suggestions as there are a lot of options and info out on the googles but it's hard to find real believable data. I have a bunch of experience making and racing electric cars but all of my EV racing experience has all been with large motors and controllers (340VDC and 3000A) so I don't have a lot experience with the small ESC and would love to get feedback from you guys that have a bunch of experience with these.

Thanks in advance,
Kerry Manning
"Sylent" - 1988 S10, 800hp, Quad Warp 9s, Shiva
"EV30" - 1984 BMW 318 EV, GE11", Volt pack
"HerbEV" 1969 VW Beetle Convertible, GE 9"
1994 Mazda Miata EV Dual Warp 9's, Soliton1, RETIRED
Remember that your EV is only as clean as your power. Go SOLAR!

Back