Upgrading a Burromax TT350R when the time is right?

Smoke

100 W
I ordered a Burromax TT350R for my niece's Christmas gift.

Yeah, I'm a cool uncle.

She is pretty small now and the Burromax isn't the shortest stand-over height pit bike out there (it's close) but it looks like something she can use well in to her teens and beyond.

The smaller options looked like something she would outgrow in 2-3 years, way less useful than a regular bike and heavy with lead acid batteries that probably won't tolerate the deep discharge a kid is apt to do.

The Burromax is American made, frequently used by adults as a pit bike and has a Lithium battery so I expect it to be more than tough enough to handle my neice.

Burromax seems to make the same bike at differing power levels going up to 650 watts. The 350 watts should be plenty for now and the speed limiter will probably stay on for a while too but in those teen years I have a feeling that she'll want a battery upgrade for more range and a motor/controller upgrade for more power.

When the time comes, I imagine the lithium cells available will probably make today's state of the art look kind of shabby. Motors and controllers will probably be pretty similar to today.

If anyone has upgraded one of these or something similar, let me know.

There seems to be lots of 1,000 watt motor/controller kits out there and dirt cheap. I just wonder if any of them are rated accurately and suitable on a Burromax? That power level is probably plenty for a pit bike. I don't think it necessarily needs much more top speed than the 16-17 mph 350 watt motor but having more power for hills and snappy acceleration would be good when she's a teen and needs some mobility.

Back