Help needed identifying a BMS

gte

100 µW
I'm pretty sure the dual red and dual black are positive and negative discharge wires, but the blue and white wires, what could they be for? When I wire it up to connect to my charger, should I use those wires or might it charge through the 18 gauge wires, but discharge through the 10 gauge red and black wires?

I don't want to damage the circuitry by guessing and would like to figure this out instead of returning them. (the seller did not know)

Thanks

bms1s.jpg

bms2s.jpg

Help needed identifying a BMS
I don't recognize the BMS itself; but there are literally thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of different ones.

You'd probably have to ask teh seller where he bought it, to get closer to the manufacturer, if that's what you need to know.

If you don't actually need to identify the BMS itself, but just the wire functions, you might want to change the thread title to reflect that. ;)

Regarding what the white/blue wires are for, these come to mind:

--temperature sensor
--on/off switch
--usb power output
--charging input
--programming port
--bluetooth module hookup
--display screen output
--daisychaining port

but I don't know which it would be, if any (could be other stuff I haven't thought of).

The labels next to the wires say SMBC and SMBD which could be SMB common (or clock) and SMB data; where SMB is System Management Bus. (a particular kind of hardware transciever / protocol). That could be used for lot of stuff.

EDIT: FWIW< if it *is* a data bus, it can even be possible that the BMS will not activate until it is told to by whatever that bus was originally intended to connect to...which would make the BMS useless except in it's original application. (like the BionX BMS, as one example, or the Stromer, for another).

You can meausre the voltage on that pair whiel it's hooked up to your battery, to eliminate USB or charging inputs. The former would read 5v, and the latter would read battery voltage unless teh cells are either too low for the BMS to allow charge, or too high.

Anyway, without a wiring diagram from the seller, you don't even have a way to know what order to hook the wires up in so the BMS isnt' damaged by hooking it up wrong. Most likely it should be wired with the main negative first, then the most negative balance wire, then the next more postive wire, until you get to the main pack positive.

Back