Very enthusiastic review of the mahindra genze 2 electric scooter

MitchJi

10 MW
He likes the scooter much more than he likes Ebikes:
https://electrek.co/2019/02/19/500-miles-genze-electric-scooter/

I’ve been a fan of personal electric vehicles (PEVs) for at least a decade. Whether that means electric bicycles, e-scooters, e-skateboards, e-unicycles, e-motorcycles or any other number of weird little electric vehicles, I’ve ridden just about all of them over countless thousands of miles.

And while the majority of my saddle time has been on electric bicycles, spending the last five months on a GenZe 2.0 electric scooter has changed me. Five hundred miles later, I’m an electric scooter convert that has finally kicked cars goodbye. Here’s my story...

Hard to post additional text on my iPad.

With a top speed of 30 mph (48 km/h) and a range of around 28-34 miles (48-54 km), I was excited, but wasn’t expecting to be blown away.

But as it turned out, I was blown away. Big time.....

To put it simply, the GenZe 2.0 electric scooter has been a game changer for me. I’ve always been an electric bicycle guy, but I soon discovered that the GenZe 2.0 electric scooter improved upon all of my e-bike pet peeves.

With a 30 mph (48 km/h) top speed, I could keep up with city traffic better compared to an e-bike. The GenZe got me off the shoulder and into the lane. And because the scooter has a much larger physical presence, cars suddenly gave me space. In fact, they didn’t just give me space – they gave me a spot! Suddenly I was one of them, a true motor vehicle. I owned the lane, and they let me.

I always wonder what the picture will be now when people say electric scooter. Is it going to be a little fold up deal or what a lot of people would call a moped (without being a purist on the term).

This article is kind of funny because it seems like this vehicle had never even occurred to them. I have had a gas moped for a couple of years, absolutely love it. If I had the ease of maintenance of an electrified one that still looked cool, I'd be elated. But even electrified mopeds have existed for a long time, albeit lead acid usually.

Back