Laser cutting, forming, fabrication in Northwest

A place to list links to sources for EV related parts and services.
dequinox
10 kW
10 kW

Laser cutting, forming, fabrication in Northwest

Post by dequinox » Jun 10, 2015 11:52 am

UPDATE 4/30

Bump, I'm at a new shop that specializes in sheet metal and custom orders. They've done bike parts, and have a whole variety of laser cutting, engraving, and forming as well as welding and fab. I'm in the small engineering department there.

Check out midvalleymetals.com for more info... and we do design from models or cardboard mock up ;-)
______
To be clear, I'm not offering to design parts. You'd be required to send me a DXF or STP file, or something similar. I can process from an inventor model, or an AutoCAD file.

I could provide laser cutting, forming, and even some welding if people want to pay my shop for it. A large run of parts is certainly possible... this is a fully equipped fabrication and machine shop. I don't know how much of a discount I could provide on larger runs, but I'd like to think I have a little clout in the estimating department still.

Please post here or message me privately for a quote.
_ _ _ _ _
This is a call out to see how much interest there is in laser cut parts for ebikers/EV builders here.

I work at a fab company with a laser table, and I am trying to determine if I can put together orders for folks on the sphere. Before I ask my higher-ups about it, I need to find out if there is any interest.

Anyone interested?

Our capabilities:

"LASER CUTTING MACHINE
To enhance our fabrication capabilities, an Amada 4020 CNC laser machine is used to cut 72" x 144" and less materials.
Custom parts on a single off basis or production runs of multiple parts with the use of the shuttle system allow the 4,000 watt machine to accurately cut virtually any shape.
Clean cutting at speeds up to 787 inches per minute makes for better assembly times in our fabrication shops.
Slotting and tabbing of cut parts allows us to "throw our tape measures away"."
Last edited by dequinox on Apr 30, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What is matter? Never mind.
What is mind? No matter.

- Thomas Hewitt Key

STABLE:
HI-V (Retired); Sun Cruiser w/ Hill Topper Kit; Giant Simple Cruiser w/ Amazon 1000W Front Hub.
Parts donated by Rassy and Greenerwheels have made many of my builds possible, THANK YOU!!!

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: ?? Laser cut parts, USA Northwest

Post by amberwolf » Jun 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Probable cost?

Material thickness and types?

dequinox
10 kW
10 kW

Post by dequinox » Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

Well I can tell you it'll depend on the part for time which determines the cost (along with material). I can give you a rough estimate cost of about $100 an hour... but doing small part runs usually doesn't take more than 1/2 hr to 1 hr depending on what you're cutting.

This laser will cut any metal you could want though... We regularly cut 304L & 316L stainless over 1/2" thick, and mild steel even thicker.
What is mind? No matter.

- Thomas Hewitt Key

STABLE:
HI-V (Retired); Sun Cruiser w/ Hill Topper Kit; Giant Simple Cruiser w/ Amazon 1000W Front Hub.
Parts donated by Rassy and Greenerwheels have made many of my builds possible, THANK YOU!!!

1KW
1 kW
1 kW

Post by 1KW » Aug 16, 2015 12:27 pm

i need some good torque arms..

dequinox
10 kW
10 kW

Post by dequinox » Aug 17, 2015 12:17 pm

That's something I could probably just squeeze under the radar and charge shipping only... As long as you have a STP, DWG or a cad file of some kind for me to feed the burn guy.
What is mind? No matter.

- Thomas Hewitt Key

STABLE:

dequinox
10 kW
10 kW

Post by dequinox » Aug 24, 2015 12:42 pm

UPDATE 8/24

To be clear, I'm not offering to design parts. You'd be required to send me a DXF or STP file, or something similar. I can process from an inventor model, or an AutoCAD file.

I could provide laser cutting, forming, and even some welding if people want to pay my shop for it. A large run of parts is certainly possible... this is a fully equipped fabrication and machine shop. I don't know how much of a discount I could provide on larger runs, but I'd like to think I have a little clout in the estimating department still.

Please post here or message me privately for a quote.
_ _ _ _ _
What is mind? No matter.

- Thomas Hewitt Key

STABLE:

dequinox
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Laser cut parts, USA Northwest

Post by dequinox » Apr 30, 2016 12:28 pm

Bump, I'm at a new shop that specializes in sheet metal and custom orders. They've done bike parts, and have a whole variety of laser cutting, engraving, and forming as well as welding and fab. I'm in the small engineering department there.

Check out midvalleymetals.com for more info... and we do design from models or cardboard mock up ;-)
What is mind? No matter.

- Thomas Hewitt Key

STABLE: