Teslanv's Simple Stainless Steel Battery Enclosure

teslanv

1 MW
I developed a very simple design for a rectangular Battery Enclosure. The Dimensions can easily be customized to fit any desired Internal Height/Width/Depth. This design allows for mounting to your bicycle's Water Bottle bosses with extra holes for longitudinal (front to back) adjustment in the triangle, at 16mm increments. (Holes are spaced 32mm on center, with a 8mm offset from center, so you can just swap the base plate 180 degrees for the last 16mm of adjustment.)

Here are three DXF Files for either a single 6S-16AH Multistar or a Pair of 4S-16Ah Multistar batteries or either 3X4S or 2X6S - 10Ah Multistar Batteries.

View attachment Battery Box - 6S-16Ah MS.dwg

View attachment Battery Box - 2x 4S-16Ah MS.dwg

View attachment Battery Box - 12S10Ah MS.dwg

Please note that the CAD files are sized in INCHES (NOT METRIC)! To my dismay, BigBlueSaw requires imperial sizing, instead of the usual metric sizing. If your shop requires metric, you will need to scale these files up by 25.4 for millimeter sizing.

My DXF files here are free for personal use, as long as you don't reproduce them commercially. If you are not able to make modifications to these DXF files yourself, shoot me a PM, and I can modify for your needs. For CAD adjustments only, It would just be a $10 fee for my time to resize the CAD file to your your size specifications. I can also produce and ship you a kit of parts. You can specify either Min. Internal dimensions, or maximum external dimensions. Pricing for a kit would start at $150 (Smallish size) for one unit, with discounts for multiple kits. (Water-jet 304 Stainless is the bulk of this cost, particularly with small quantities.)

"Kit of parts" would include:
1/16" THK 304 Stainless Base & Upper Cover.
5mm RivNuts installed, and including 5mm Pan Head Stainless Screws.
1/2" Foam for Base Plate * 1/8" Foam installed in Upper Cover.

01 - CAD.JPG

02 - Waterjet Parts.jpg

View attachment 5

04 - Perfect Fit.jpg

05 - Base Mounted.jpg

06 - Padding in Base.jpg

07 - Battery & Box Installed.jpg

Back