Re-engineering the Cycle Analyst V3

Have you ever thought the the Cycle Analyst V3 could be bettered?

Having considered many options, I decided to replace it's rear housing shell, together with the connectors and the handlebar clamp.
The re-engineered Cycle Analyst V3 Custom, or CA3-C, has a completely new 3-D printed backshell. It is fitted with HIGO panelmount connectors, and has quick fit handlebar mounting brackets :mrgreen:

Click here for the full article

I don't see a link to the 3D-printing files to make one of these housings.

I know there are people with their own printers that would love to make a housing like this, and could then buy higo panel mounts to fit on it from you (or elsewhere).

Could you please attach the 3D-printing files to your thread here on ES?

electricwheels.de said:
Have you ever thought the the Cycle Analyst V3 could be bettered?

Oh yes!
Especially the wire with the throttle, brake, temp and Aux JST-connectors is a weak point in the design. I rather have a single wire running to a small external 'junction box' somewhere else on my trike.

I like your new CA backshell with the HIGO connectors!

really nice....but i would prefer a housing that is usable for the headset mount. because the display way in front looks very offense + if all wires going in a big bunch of wires are in front of everything. maybe touching the headlights allready =)

Merlin said:
...i would prefer a housing that is usable for the headset mount. because the display way in front looks very offense
Yep - the standard CA articulated mount is nice in that it only has a single attachment point and allows a variety of alignments (not much bar space), but in concert with the CA housing pedestal really put the unit way up there - even with the headset mount. Putting it in front of the bars and requiring a wide two point mount seems to be going the wrong way for some riders.

Here's a mod to the standard mount that sinks the unit down behind the bars...

low-boy_CA_mount.jpg

amberwolf said:
I don't see a link to the 3D-printing files to make one of these housings.

I know there are people with their own printers that would love to make a housing like this, and could then buy higo panel mounts to fit on it from you (or elsewhere).

Could you please attach the 3D-printing files to your thread here on ES?

Not to be sarcastic, but which business here gives away stl files from their work and research. Frankly i’d be embarassedto ask.

I had a sign in my office for 20 years. FREE LUNCH TOMORROW

If I’m wrong, I apologize in advance. <G>

I asked because he didn't post this where business stuff goes, he posted this where DIY and opensource suff goes. So the natural assumption is that he's not selling these, and is posting his work and ideas for others to use freely.

The thread was later moved by moderators, AFAIK, into one of the correct sections for this stuff, but:

If he's selling these, he needs to keep it to the Online Market section ONLY, and not post his stuff elsehwere on the forum. That's part of the rules of this place, which he's agreed to by posting here.

Otherwise, if he's not just advertising his wares in this thread, then based on it's original location, he should have published the information about them here in the thread, so other people can make one themselves.

Back