DED32E6B-DA87-4DAF-8ABA-6D63B96075A3.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 4,141
After having
Kelly Controls KHB14601C (40-45kW),
Kelly Controls KLS 8080I 14401C (35kW),
Emsiso EmDrive 500 (100kVA),
which are still lying in my cellar,
I ordered now my next controller :wink: :twisted:

You seem to be spending a lot of time and money for a few drag races that aren't that quick. I understand the attraction of buying and building but can't understand the lack of riding pleasure it results in. Why not built an electric motorcycle you can ride on the street and enjoy for many more miles and hours?
Any way good luck with the build. I'm still following. :thumb:

Sorry but I will not drive on streets anymore.
To much traffic!
I love riding my manual bicycle doing around 5k-6k km per year (Home-Work).
Makes much more fun than standing in traffic jams.
It’s not easy to convert a motorcycle and get it through our technical inspection to register it!
Let me make my experience with electrical stuff and hey, actually it seems that I have the fastest hubmotor EV on 1/4 mile and pls. tell me somebody who reach 200kph with his hubmotor ev?
I want to build my dream bike which should be fast at the end!

As far as I know you own the top speed of any hubmotored 2 wheeler. The highest I ever recorded with my daily rider was 172kph, and it had a bit more since it was still accelerating when I let off the throttle. Plus it wasn't at full charge. My newer ebike is running the same motor with a 6% larger diameter wheel and the extra cell I added in series gives it a 6% higher voltage fresh off the charger, if I get good enough aero then I may be able to surpass 190, but no way my current setup will push past 200. My problem is finding a place to make a top speed run, however, since yours is dead, as far as I know I have the fastest hubmotored 2 wheeler. Plus it's street legal.

John in CR said:
As far as I know you own the top speed of any hubmotored 2 wheeler. The highest I ever recorded with my daily rider was 172kph, and it had a bit more since it was still accelerating when I let off the throttle. Plus it wasn't at full charge. My newer ebike is running the same motor with a 6% larger diameter wheel and the extra cell I added in series gives it a 6% higher voltage fresh off the charger, if I get good enough aero then I may be able to surpass 190, but no way my current setup will push past 200. My problem is finding a place to make a top speed run, however, since yours is dead, as far as I know I have the fastest hubmotored 2 wheeler. Plus it's street legal.

The sound of 172kph on those sketchy Costa Rica roads makes me want to visit you again my friend.

liveforphysics said:
John in CR said:

The sound of 172kph on those sketchy Costa Rica roads makes me want to visit you again my friend.

That was on perfectly smooth 4 lane highway. I wouldn't dare on the roads you rode. You're a lot more brave than I...Your one handed, no lights at night pizza delivery comes to mind. You're welcome any time.

Hi John,
yes you are completely right! I had the fastest hubmotor ev but until now I never heard that other one break the top speed of 200kph.
As I wrote above I retired by street legal motorcycling because of personally reasons.
But I like motorcycling so it’s enough for me to run a motorcycle 3-4 weekends a year together with my brother who lives 400km far away to meet him and enjoy this weekend.
My daily cycle has only pedals, I am my own motor 🤣

Rovii said:
...My daily cycle has only pedals, I am my own motor 🤣

Sorry to hear that unless you live where there's great cycling infrastructure. No way I'd pedal here...far too dangerous.

Well it took a while but underbracing for swingarm is also ready now ...

Attachments

• TTFH3940.JPG
    TTFH3940.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 3,893
  • IMG_6557_klein.jpg
    IMG_6557_klein.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,893
  • IMG_6560_klein.jpg
    IMG_6560_klein.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,893
+1°C, best weather conditions to build outside.
So the swingarm is inside and in two weeks I will continue with the rear tail.

Attachments

• Schwinge eingebaut 050_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 050_klein.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 052_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 052_klein.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 054_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 054_klein.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 060_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 060_klein.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 058_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 058_klein.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 056_a_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 056_a_klein.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Schwinge eingebaut 063_klein.jpg
    Schwinge eingebaut 063_klein.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 3,859
What motor have you decided on to drive it? And are you going to place that motor on top or the swing arm just in front of the rear wheel so you have extra weight/down-force on the tire for some additional traction? That would also leave all the space in the frame for battery 8)

The motor will come now earliest on next year.
For this year I have decided now to go on first with controller. The controller is payed and actually under construction. I would place everything behind the fairing. The battery pack should be as small as possible (only for one run and cruising additional 1,4km). There should be also nothing mounted behind the rear fairing.

I haven't looked into it but for a short run/drag race it might be worth using super/ultra capacitors for the energy burst that you need?

Ultra capacitors have less power density at same size.
But there should come new ultra capacitors in 2020 which shall have more power. But when they will reach market I really don’t know and also with the price for such a new „innovation“.

Yes, I just looked at super/ultra capacitors and they seem very expensive if you get the latest tech. But the very high amp (dis)charge capabilities are exact what you need for drag racing. And you don't need the energy density of batteries as the runs are very short.

Well I need 600Arms.
Only at the beginning. With increasing turns the amps will go down except you use field weakening.
A capacitor is good for up to 2000A but it’s empty very fast. Faster than 8-10 Seconds, so you lost also voltage which is necessary for higher rpm.
As I said the Lipo’s have more energy at same dimensions. So actually it’s the best.

Got now the kill switch ...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3,739
Additional cooling system

Attachments

• IMG_6696 (7).JPG
    IMG_6696 (7).JPG
    41 KB · Views: 3,698
  • IMG_6702 (3).JPG
    IMG_6702 (3).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 3,698
Good news from New Zealand, the controller is build ready and calibrated, only one high current test with a 600A motor is outstanding ...
And I brought the motorcycle to a friend who wants to help me with the new rear seat/frame.
Seat position -4"

Attachments

• IMG_6765 (7).JPG
    IMG_6765 (7).JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,574
Your dedication to this build never stops to amaze me. Such great work with the swing arm. Water cooled batteries. Man you are going all in on this build. I really look forward to the see videos from the the drag strip.

Thx macribs !
Here is the first picture of the new seat position.
But it will be changed a little bit!
Yes, if I am able to print money I could be faster :wink:
But I have to safe first …
Good news from Scott Drive. They will finish their high current (600Arms) tests with the REMY HVH250 115 motor in their test bench by today. This motor can handle up to 600Arms.
So they want to box up the controllers by tomorrow and send it out.
Can´t wait to hold this beast in my hands …

Attachments

• 1AA247E5-2808-4B81-9EC0-39C912601EEF.jpeg
    1AA247E5-2808-4B81-9EC0-39C912601EEF.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 3,394
Not yet really finished but a possible solution

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 3,358
Back