Light Electro Bobber (short version)

Show off your E-Scooter or Motorcycle creation here.
User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Mar 30 2019 1:41pm

Connected wiring,Bought a smartphone (Digma Linx A400 3G -$ 15) for the speedometer(smart bms)
https://youtu.be/H6DcQMO03LU
Attachments
smart-bms-10s13s-60a-with-blue-tooth-android-or-ios-app.jpg
smart-bms-10s13s-60a-with-blue-tooth-android-or-ios-app.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
611935117c9e742564b60702bc9fce0c_800x600_0_0_0_0.jpg
611935117c9e742564b60702bc9fce0c_800x600_0_0_0_0.jpg (31.94 KiB) Viewed 1012 times

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 02 2019 6:06am

Kickstand
Attachments
20190402_140047_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Dui, ni shuo de dui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan 29 2016 3:21am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Dui, ni shuo de dui » Apr 02 2019 11:22pm

Wow, that's an amazing build, kudos!

We need more pics and more descriptions, don't be shy!

I'd like to build this kind of flat sheet frames one day, but I always wondered: how do you attach the main tube for the front fork ? (sorry, I'm not sure how it is called in english, I mean the tube with the bearings which connect the frame to the steering column?)

I believe that's the critical part to get right, would you mind explaining how you did it?
:bolt: :bolt: My electric Ninja 250 clone: 16 000W 72V40Ah A123 cells : :bolt: :bolt:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=90032

:bolt: :bolt: My electric Scooter: 11 000W 72V 50Ah LiFePO4 cells: :bolt: :bolt:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=75912

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 03 2019 8:13am

Dui, ni shuo de dui wrote:
Apr 02 2019 11:22pm
Wow, that's an amazing build, kudos!

We need more pics and more descriptions, don't be shy!

I'd like to build this kind of flat sheet frames one day, but I always wondered: how do you attach the main tube for the front fork ? (sorry, I'm not sure how it is called in english, I mean the tube with the bearings which connect the frame to the steering column?)

I believe that's the critical part to get right, would you mind explaining how you did it?
Hi!Thanks.
So
parts are made on a milling machine
Attachments
20190403_160248_Film1[1].jpg
20190403_160300_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 03 2019 8:17am

cut and fitted a leather seat
Attachments
20190403_103453_Film1[1].jpg
20190403_160204_Film1[1].jpg
20190403_160240_Film1[1].jpg
20190403_160336_Film1[1].jpg
20190403_160336_Film1[1].jpg (117.04 KiB) Viewed 967 times

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 03 2019 11:18am

saddle
Attachments
20190403_191049_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Dui, ni shuo de dui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan 29 2016 3:21am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Dui, ni shuo de dui » Apr 03 2019 8:42pm

Alexander1971 wrote:
Apr 03 2019 8:13am

parts are made on a milling machine
That's a clever solution, it doesn't seem to require any welding.
Great work, can't wait to see it finished!
:bolt: :bolt: My electric Ninja 250 clone: 16 000W 72V40Ah A123 cells : :bolt: :bolt:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=90032

:bolt: :bolt: My electric Scooter: 11 000W 72V 50Ah LiFePO4 cells: :bolt: :bolt:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=75912

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 04 2019 10:42am

Seat ready.......)
Attachments
20190404_183550_Film1[1].jpg
20190404_183601_Film1[1].jpg
20190404_183618_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 09 2019 4:53am

First charging,current 58Amp!
Attachments
20190409_124945_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 11 2019 10:35am

Motor burned out! Rotor rubbed against stator walls and overheated windings
Attachments
20190411_181953_Film1[1].jpg

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13818
Joined: May 20 2008 12:58am
Location: Paradise

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by John in CR » Apr 11 2019 5:58pm

Sorry to read about the motor. What do you think the weakness was...poorly centered bearing cup, inadequate bearing support, a loose wire in the winding?

Am I looking at the pictures correctly and the headtube piece is only bolted to the frame, or is it welded? I'm always terrified of a failure in that area and opt for overkill in my welded connections.

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 12 2019 12:36am

John in CR wrote:
Apr 11 2019 5:58pm
Sorry to read about the motor. What do you think the weakness was...poorly centered bearing cup, inadequate bearing support, a loose wire in the winding?

Am I looking at the pictures correctly and the headtube piece is only bolted to the frame, or is it welded? I'm always terrified of a failure in that area and opt for overkill in my welded connections.
Thanks.
It was displaced rotor axis (cover from another motor).
In the motor housing I made 3 inserts 10mm + the axis of the pendulum 12mm passes through the motor housing in (the motor housing had 4 through holes 10mm).

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 12 2019 11:58am

Bought a wire to rewind the motor!
Attachments
20190412_194517_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 12 2019 1:33pm

My sad foal!(
Attachments
20190412_212821_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 13 2019 10:42am

Wound phase...
Attachments
20190413_180738_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 13 2019 12:00pm

one more
Attachments
20190413_193935_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 13 2019 1:35pm

ready 3 phases
Attachments
20190413_212648_Film1[1].jpg

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13818
Joined: May 20 2008 12:58am
Location: Paradise

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by John in CR » Apr 15 2019 2:10pm

I've been thinking about your battery layout, and I have some concern regarding the lack of compression applied to the individual cells. Every electric car battery I've disassembled has had compression force on the 2 faces of the cells. It is an important part of the battery structure affecting both capacity and cycle life.

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 16 2019 2:53pm

John in CR wrote:
Apr 15 2019 2:10pm
I've been thinking about your battery layout, and I have some concern regarding the lack of compression applied to the individual cells. Every electric car battery I've disassembled has had compression force on the 2 faces of the cells. It is an important part of the battery structure affecting both capacity and cycle life.
The aluminum case of the battery has good durability.

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13818
Joined: May 20 2008 12:58am
Location: Paradise

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by John in CR » Apr 16 2019 7:06pm

Alexander1971 wrote:
Apr 16 2019 2:53pm
John in CR wrote:
Apr 15 2019 2:10pm
I've been thinking about your battery layout, and I have some concern regarding the lack of compression applied to the individual cells. Every electric car battery I've disassembled has had compression force on the 2 faces of the cells. It is an important part of the battery structure affecting both capacity and cycle life.
The aluminum case of the battery has good durability.
In my experience they all swell, and I'm talking about prismatics, not just pouch cells. At a minimum be alert for it and check early in the life for any changes with a caliper. If you notice a change, then make some wedges of a light but rigid material to fit in between with a tight fit when the pack is at a fairly deep DOD (The width dimension changes a bit with SOC).

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 22 2019 7:01am

Changed the winding scheme and filled with heat-conducting compound.
Attachments
20190422_144053_HDR_Film1[1].jpg

User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 22 2019 2:18pm

:bigthumb:
Attachments
20190422_214527_Film1[1].jpg
20190422_214554_Film1[1].jpg


User avatar
Alexander1971   100 W

100 W
Posts: 100
Joined: Feb 02 2016 2:34am

Re: Light Electro Bober (short version)

Post by Alexander1971 » Apr 26 2019 6:52am

Replaced the drive pulley from 18 to 14 teeth.
Configured correctly sensors Hall.
Maximum motor temperature 60 degrees Celsius (battery current 80amper, current phase 140amper)

Post Reply