It's been a while, but I've been in lockdown for the past two months already. Still am today while writing this, and still no idea when it's gonna end, if ever.
At least it's been a great opportunity to find more time to work on the bike, and the good news is that it's done, basically. I just have a few stuff I can't do during the lockdown, like... well riding it.
So first I painted, then baked the BMS enclosure, the wrinkle paint came out really nice but as it turns out it doesn't work very well with phone cameras, in real life it looks like a really nice aluminum casting:
Then the lid:
A nice bead of silicone sealant before attaching the BMS box, hopefully for the last time:
Reinstalled the controller and all the power wiring:
Finally I put back all the fairings, the odometer and everything. Finally, done!...... Well that's what I thought.
Just one day later the BMS screen started acting up, then stopped working entirely. I narrowed it down to a defective wire.... Deep inside the BMS enclosure.
So I had to take everything apart once again. I'll spare you the pics, but you can easily guess that this hasn't been the happiest moment
Anyway, Now the screen is fixed, everything seems to work just fine, so I took it outside to make a few beauty shots:
Now I still have a few things to do:
-Get a new DCDC converter. I thought I had one spare but apparently it was broken, so I borrowed the current one from the red bike.
-Get a cable to connect the APT controller to my computer. I tried several cables and none seemed to work so far, so I'll order the official one and see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately I can't do any of those things before the lockdown is over and deliveries reopened...
-Close the lid of the battery box, but I need to make a few rides first to make sure everything is fine and nothing moves around too much inside the box before I definitely close it.
I can't tune the controller right now but it does work almost fine already. Aside form a lot of vibrations under 6kmh it seems to work pretty well. Right now it already pushes quite more than the sabvoton, but I expect it should be even better after at least making the hall sensor angle calibration procedure.
Anyway, 99% done!