Some videos of my "Mighty" scooter in snow

Baragoz

10 µW
Hi all,
want to show you some videos of how my scooter goes in snow. RWD, kelly 7230 no limits, kenda tyre, stock Headway3 wheel, 20s Turnigy 15Ah. Hope you enjoy it.

[youtube]p_0G3vBI628[/youtube]

[youtube]4F2Psz_LtvM[/youtube]

[youtube]i160tvB6BpM[/youtube]

[youtube]pFU6jZCyTMg[/youtube]

[youtube]FM3QNP-NkFE[/youtube]

RWD rulezzz

Some pass-by`s

[youtube]9rernoXCZp0[/youtube]

[youtube]uvYgi51YrGE[/youtube]

[youtube]ZtNbUYf9l3A[/youtube]

Looks like great fun, and well made - can you describe what base scooter you used, how you made the battery enclosure, etc? Also, whats a Headway3 motor?

Headway3 is a Chinese electric scooter from 2014 (somewhere).
Here what it looks like
skladnoy-elektrosamokat-headway-3-foto-1-1000x750.jpg

Good things are its motorcycle quality swing arm and low speed hub motor (claimed 1kWt). On my it goes 60kmh on 80 volts. A lot of torque, a lot!
What I added: first off all, I did an aluminum cover for battery compartment and some bolts to make it all solid. Helped a lot on cornering, a box is always much less flexible than opened one.
Next I drilled some holes on big radius on one side of wheel and on smaller radius on other - that works for airflow. And it works! 300 amps!
Had a lot of different controllers, no doubt Kelly is the best - quiet, punchy, ice cold. Magnet ring on one phase cable to lower cable heating (the only issue it was).
Nothing is waterproof, no even a sight of rust anywhere.
On tarmac it goes up to 50km on one charge. On snow..... it depends)) On deep snow it can suck half of battery in 10 minutes, but believe me, I will be also drained. I cannot do more than one hour of riding like on video per day, very very exhausting.

You can see in the end of this video where holes (exhaust) are drilled and what type I use
[youtube]0y83oiew0c0[/youtube]

Back