1966 Bridgestone 175 DT Conversion

Jave Motors

1 µW
This is my first ever E-Motorcycle Build, I have done some messing around with an old bike and a 48v conversion kit. But appart from that I am starting fresh. I plan on using a 5000w hub motor kit from NBPower on amazon. And I also plan on building my own 72v 64Ah battery from 380 18650 cells. I have begun the process of ripping the bike all apart and have already built my battery. Everything went well and I have successfully built my first battery pack. The motor has been ordered and will hopefully arrive in about 2 weeks. If you want to follow along, I am posting regular update videos on my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQBHrhE13G8RQwPRgo1PZjA

Attachments

• Bat&Bike.jpeg
    Bat&Bike.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 811
  • BatteryMidBuild.jpeg
    BatteryMidBuild.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 811
  • Bike Before.JPG
    Bike Before.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 811
  • Finished Battery.jpeg
    Finished Battery.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 811
  • NakedBattery.jpeg
    NakedBattery.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 811
I am considering doing something similar for the battery pack where you have them folded. How was that experience and did it feel unstable when folding them? Also what pointers would you have for the first timer battery pack builders out there?

What BMS did you go with as well as thickness and dimensions of the nickel strips? Did you weld them or? What welder was used and how did it go?

Really cool conversion and love the old school bike frame retrofitted to a modern E-Bike! I have a few older bikes I'd like to do myself, but working one bike at a time!

Csecrist3 said:
I am considering doing something similar for the battery pack where you have them folded. How was that experience and did it feel unstable when folding them? Also what pointers would you have for the first timer battery pack builders out there?

What BMS did you go with as well as thickness and dimensions of the nickel strips? Did you weld them or? What welder was used and how did it go?

Really cool conversion and love the old school bike frame retrofitted to a modern E-Bike! I have a few older bikes I'd like to do myself, but working one bike at a time!

Thanks for the interest. I actually just posted a video on the entire process. This is actually my first battery build ever. I was nervous at first, but it was actually pretty easy. I'll link it below. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RRak0VZrc&t=1s

Back